a slit. Intrinsic laryngeal muscles control the true vocal folds and the size of the glottis.
W he tenser the vocal folds, the faster they vibrate and the lower the pitch. To produce high—
pitched. the glottis widens, and to produce lower-pitched (deeper)
atmospheric pressure holding the gases in suspension, thus decreased the volume of the gas
bubbles in his arm so his circulation became abnormal.
C‘) Carl is experiencing the symptoms because (1) a lot of gas was forced into Carl's bloodstream
MHC groups match her donor’s, and she receives immunosu ressive therapy —-—
D) She will have a good prognosis if her blood type matches her donor’s blood type, her tissue
MHC groups match her donor’s, and she receives immuno-boost therapy
@ Max is bitten
concentration of oxygen and/or total atmospheric pressure is higher at higher altitudes
concentration of oxygen and/or total atmospheric pressure is lower at high altitudes
19) A woman had a mastectomy that included the removal of axillary lymph nodes on
Bio 235 Y: Anatomy and Physiology ll Spring 2015 ‘.
Instructor: Dr. Liming Liu Print Your Name:
Lecture Exam 2
Please write your name on your answer sheet.
Use a N0. 2 Pencil toﬁll the correct bubbles on your scantronfor questions l to 50. Make sure
12) A patient with essential h ertension might have pressures of 200/ 120 mm Hg. This
hypertensive state could resull 1n all of the following changes except
A) increased work of the left ventricle \/
B) increased incidence of coronary artery disease \/
40) A mother takes her son to the doctor and describes the following symptoms that she has
observed. The child is running a fever, has ﬂu-like symptoms, and his lymph glands are very
swollen and sore to the touch. Of what signiﬁcance are the swollen and s
A) Haptens lack immunogenicity unless attached to protein carriers.
B) Class 1 MHC molecules are built into the plasma membranes of all body cells.
Class II MHC molecules appear only on the surface of antigen-presenting cells, thymic cells,
and T cells th
21) Select the correct statement about the function of W
@he entire heart contracts as a unit or it does not contract at all.
B) Cardiac muscle cells are innervated by sympathetic, parasympathetic, and somatic nerve
ﬁbers so that the nervous system can in
Bio 235: Anatomy and Physiology 11
Instructor: Dr. Liming Liu
Lab Exam 3
Histology station 1:
1. Write down the name of the epithelium $HQhB€& S99! is Ema}: epllwl Hm
2. Identify the organ for this tissue section and state one major functio
1 O) 4The condition R‘firstname.lastname@example.org_ limits its ability to contract is called
pericarditis 1%th (\‘l
C) myocardial arction
D) angina pectoris
15) Which of the following is not an age—related change affecting the heart?
. the action potential is initiate: ny voltage-gated lecharmels r
B) some calcium enters the cell from the extracellular space and triggers the release of larger < page Ma 1/
amounts of calcium from intracellular stores I "a V )
,Q’fﬁe action potentia
35) Which of the following would not result in the dilation of the feeder arterioles and opening
of the precapillary sphincters in systemic capillary beds? 00% N \
A) a decrease in local tissue oxygen content J t,\ C O \l/ W \l
C B) an increase in lo
Questions 6— 7: Sami has been hospitalized Wis. Her symptoms were epigastric
pressure (just above the stomach), headache, nausea, and vomiting with traces of old dark blood.
She revealed that she had been suffering back pain and drank four shots of gin m
18) Which of the following does not depend on the presence of electrolytes?
A) membrane polarity W
B) neuromuscular excitability
C) maintenance of osmotic relations between cells and ECF
@ amount of body fat
19) Annie has just eaten a large order of heavi
Print Your Name:
v ”I! i . .-
scantronfor quesn‘ons 1 to 50. Make sure
me by a scantron machine. There will be no
orojectile vomiting after each feeding. On
bod passage from the stomach to the
luse of the babyLsJoss of
Station 20: (cat)
42. Write down the exact name-of the labeled structure K E \ g! All ES “CH lg lObe 0; id ‘1
' ' \mi’ory jxtSlvem
43. State one major function for this structure K (
</—— . ’ .
git/cl, vii: dw
Questions 44-50, answer each of the follo