1. A pediatric client is complaining of a sore throat and general weakness. The provider diagnoses
the client with Group A B-hemolytic streptococci (GABHS). Identify three (3) manifestations of
GABHS? What are interventions and teaching points to discuss
1. The nurse is assessing an expectant female who is suspected to have varicella-zoster (VZV).
What assessment findings would indicate VZV and what complications should be monitored for if
VZV is present?
If an expectant female is suspected to have varice
(1) What class of medication is amitriptyline and why is this medication used as an
adjuvant medication for pain?
Amitriptyline (Elavil), is a tricyclic antidepressant, and is normally prescribed for
depression. However, they have found that
Adult Health Remediation
1. How is photochemotherapy used in the treatment of psoriasis? What nursing actions and client
education is needed with this therapy?
Psoriasis photochemotherapy, involves the administration of the medication Psoralen (a
Module A Remediation
Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of Fallot is a congenital defect, that decreases pulmonary blood flow. In classic form of
tetralogy of Fallot, there are four defects of the heart. These defects include, pulmonic stenosis,
1. A nurse is caring for a client who states that he has abused his son because of the stress caused by his son's
mental illness. How should the nurse use the communication tool of 'clarifying' when speaking with this client?
2. A nurse is completing a ph