1. During a sale at a mens store, 16 white sweaters, 3 red sweaters, 9 blue sweaters and 7 yellow
sweaters were purchased. If a customer is selected at random, find the probability that he bought the
a. A blue sweater: 9/35= 0.2571 as a percent
Chapter 5 Assignment Multiplication:
1. A person owns a collection of 30 CDs, of which 5 are country music. If 2 CDs are selected at
random, find the probability that both are country music?
A(B1 & B2) = A(B1) * A(B2/B1)
CDS=30, Country music CDS=5, Rando
Module 5 Homework Assignment
BUS 210: Business Statistics I
22 NOV, 2010
Answer each question below. Be sure to show all of your work.
A recent study of young executives showed that 30 pe
BUS 271 Chapter 5
1. If a set of events are collectively exhaustive and mutually exclusive, what does the sum of the
probabilities equal? Sum is equal to 1. _
2. When the special rule of multiplication is used, the events must
Laboratory for Chapter 7
PHS 101 Physical Science
Names of Group Members: _
(1) Determine Your Personal Power
(2) Use Physics to save energy and money
(3) Using Work, Power and the Physics Machine to evaluate a car's usable horsepower
CHAPTER 2 ASSIGNMENT
DESCRIBING DATA: FREQUENCY DISTRIBUTIONS AND GRAPHIC
Name _ Section _ Score _
Select the correct answer and write the appropriate letter in the space provided
A grouping of data into classes giving the number
BUS 271 CHAPTER ONE HOMEWORK: TERMS
1. In each statement that follows, tell whether descriptive or
inferential statistics were used.
_D_ a. The average price of a home sold in Allegheny County the week of
April 22-28 $75,328.
b. According to the Censu
CHAPTER 1 ASSIGNMENT
WHAT IS STATISTICS?
Name _Charles Stanley_
Classify the following sets of data as qualitative or quantitative.
1. The religious affiliations of college students
_ quantitative _ 2.
The height of