Homework # 7- Chapter 5
5) The differences between the two fabrics in construction, even though they have the
same identification could be a number of things. A percale is a smooth, slightly crisp
Homework #3- Chapter 17
1) According to TFPIA the following labels are corrected:
74% Antron acrylic
Lee Shirt Company
Made in Taiwan
45% recycled wool
Dorothy M. DeAngelis
Textiles, Spring 2016, April 14th
Cloth is much more than a two-dimension surface. Each different fabric has its
own qualities, its own char
Textiles .03 & .04
Final Exam Review Sheet
Dr. D. Meranus
YOU MUST BRING YOUR SWATCH KIT
Exam Dates: Sec.03 Thursday, May 12, 2016
Sec.02 Tuesday, May 10, 2016
25 Multiple Choice questions
3 Essays (one of which is outlined below)
Homework #2- Chapter 11
1) Products labeled green or eco-friendly do not posses the same qualifications.
Although, all these products have been evaluated to help the environment in some
type of way, not all
1) FIBERS ARE THE FIRST & SMALLEST PART OF A FABRIC.
PLEASE LIST & DEFINE THE NEXT FOUR STEPS IN TEXTILE PRODUCTION.
There are five steps required in textile production. First, fibers, which are the smallest
part of a fabric and they are either natural or
1) DEFITNITION OF KNITTING.
Interloping of yarns
Knitted loop- stitch
Stiches- with a knitting needle
2) WHAT IS A WALE? WHICH DIRECTION DOES IT RUN?
WHAT IS A COURSE? WHICH DIRECTION DOES IT RUN?
Wales are columns of stitches in a knitted fabric. They
1) HOW IS A SPINERETTE USED IN THE MANUFACTURE OF MAN MADE FIBERS?
A spinerette is something that resembles a showerhead where you enter the chemicals
as a liquid and then they come out solid through tiny holes. There can be 10 holes or
even 10,000 holes.