HW Chapter 5 question: 5.7.8 A. C P.116
5. You are in a store and see two sheets for sale. Each is labeled 200 percale. What difference in
construction could there be between these two fabrics, even though both have the same
HW P15 188.8.131.52
1. List five jobs titles that require textile knowledge. For each, state a brief description of
the duties and the name of the company that would have such a position.
Five jobs titles that require textile knowledge are Re
HW Chapter 2 P32 1.2.4
1. State the fiber property that most affects the indicated condition
A. Pilling propensity: absorbency of water.
B. Producing permanent pleats: thermoplasticity.
C. Improving insulation: wicking because it tr
1. List differences and similarities between each of the following natural fiber
types and their manufactured fiber substitutes.
A. Cotton and HWM rayon
Similar: good strength and abrasion resistance, hydrophilic, no
Homework # 7- Chapter 5
5) The differences between the two fabrics in construction, even though they have the
same identification could be a number of things. A percale is a smooth, slightly crisp
Homework #3- Chapter 17
1) According to TFPIA the following labels are corrected:
74% Antron acrylic
Lee Shirt Company
Made in Taiwan
45% recycled wool
Dorothy M. DeAngelis
Textiles, Spring 2016, April 14th
Cloth is much more than a two-dimension surface. Each different fabric has its
own qualities, its own char
Textiles .03 & .04
Final Exam Review Sheet
Dr. D. Meranus
YOU MUST BRING YOUR SWATCH KIT
Exam Dates: Sec.03 Thursday, May 12, 2016
Sec.02 Tuesday, May 10, 2016
25 Multiple Choice questions
3 Essays (one of which is outlined below)
Homework #2- Chapter 11
1) Products labeled green or eco-friendly do not posses the same qualifications.
Although, all these products have been evaluated to help the environment in some
type of way, not all
1) FIBERS ARE THE FIRST & SMALLEST PART OF A FABRIC.
PLEASE LIST & DEFINE THE NEXT FOUR STEPS IN TEXTILE PRODUCTION.
There are five steps required in textile production. First, fibers, which are the smallest
part of a fabric and they are either natural or
1) DEFITNITION OF KNITTING.
Interloping of yarns
Knitted loop- stitch
Stiches- with a knitting needle
2) WHAT IS A WALE? WHICH DIRECTION DOES IT RUN?
WHAT IS A COURSE? WHICH DIRECTION DOES IT RUN?
Wales are columns of stitches in a knitted fabric. They
1) HOW IS A SPINERETTE USED IN THE MANUFACTURE OF MAN MADE FIBERS?
A spinerette is something that resembles a showerhead where you enter the chemicals
as a liquid and then they come out solid through tiny holes. There can be 10 holes or
even 10,000 holes.