- Having read this week's chapters from the textbooks (Celce-Murcia 17 &19,
Richards & Rodgers 9), reflect on one new piece of information you learned about
grammar and vocabulary instruction to ELLs and Task-Based Language Teaching
(TBLT). How does this
1- Select a quote from Celce-Murcia, Brinton, and Snow book chapters and reflect on
the quote regarding ESL Speaking skill.
2- Briefly discuss one new piece of information regarding ESL Speaking skill.
3- Introduce/discuss an effective speaking activity (
1. Write the grade level and content area of your imaginary lesson (Don't
worry about the standards for now).
2. Write two content objectives and two language objectives for your
imaginary lesson. (Remember, upon studying the links and materials of
- Having read this week's chapters from the textbooks (Celce-Murcia 14, Richards &
Rodgers 7), reflect on one interesting piece of information you learned about
mechanics of writing instruction to ELLs and Whole Language (WL). How does this
- Having read this week's chapters from the textbooks (Celce-Murcia 12 &13,
Richards & Rodgers 12), reflect on one new piece of information you learned about
reading instruction to ELLs and Multiple Intelligences. How does this new information
Reading and Writing in the Content Areas, Grades 5–12
Text Pattern Guide
This is a Text Pattern Guide that students would complete when
previewing a text prior to reading it. I would use it for our history book,
World History: Patterns of Interaction.
1. Using the Table of Contents,