Rain Man: Portraying Autism Spectrum Disorder
December 2, 2016
It is a very common assumption that the media tends to falsely portray mental illnesses.
The media can also
Bipolar, but Stable
October 21, 2016
Studies show that in any given year, about thirty percent of adults and nineteen percent of
children and adolescents have psychological issues th
Test #1 (Chapters 1, 2, 3):
1. What is physiological psychology?
2. Why study brain and biology?
3. Aristole and Mentalism
4. Descartes and Dualism
b. Mind/Body Problem
c. Pineal Body/Pineal Gland
5. Darwin and
Bullying: Workplace Bullying
Title: Victimization in school and the workplace: are there any links?
Source: Smith, P., Singer, M., Hoel, H., & Cooper, C. (2013). Victimization in the school and
workplace:are there any links?
1. What is cognition?
2. What is cognitive psychology?
a. What was the focus?
3. Memorization vs. thinking
4. What do cognitive processes allow you to do?
5. Rationalism vs empiricism
b. Relation to cognition and be
Test #2 Review:
1. What is long-term memory?
2. Memory in connection to neurology
3. Where in the brain is memory mostly stored?
4. Types of LTM
a. Episodic memory
b. Semantic memory
c. Procedural memory
a. Depth of processing appro