Unit Twelve pre reading
1) What are the biggest challenges facing us as a species?
There are many big challenges that are facing us as a species on the planet. First of all
pollution is becoming a big problem in many parts of the world because of industri
Unit Six: pre reading questions
1) What is money? Include some discussion of its purpose.
Money is a type of currency that is used for the exchange or buying of goods.
Its purposes are to make something worth working for or earning for. It allows
Unit Five post reading
1) What is the secret to successfully lying even when the truth is going to come
To convince the people and others that it was for their own good that the truth
was kept secret for their convenience. Another secret to successfu
Unit Five: Pre Reading Questions
1) Do you believe that lying is permissible? Why or why not? Under what
circumstances? When is it not permissible?
I do believe that lying is permissible because it helps in certain ways to lie. For
example, it is okay to
Unit Three Post reading
1) choose some conclusion or conclusions that you would have fun persuading
someone is true. (it doesn't have to be, perhaps it would even help if it were
ambiguous or controversial). Construct 5 arguments with each using one of th
Unit Three: pre-reading questions
1) have you ever changed your mind as the result of an argument that was
presented to you, either written or oral?
Yes, I have changed my mind many times from either a written or oral
presentation. I think the most times
Unit Two: Post reading
1) Do a ADC for the Believing Game.
Agree- I agree that people do tend to choose sides or camps that they agree
with. The whole statement is very true. When people group with others that
have the same beliefs it is very hard to conv
Unit Two: Pre-reading Questions
Please Finish Unit One before starting this Unit
1) Think of something that you believe without any doubt, that some others don't
a) What it is?
I believe our lives as people are not private anymore.
b) Why do you
Unit Four: post reading
1) What is the thesis for the first article? What is the major argument he gives for
his thesis? What would the advantages of believing this thesis be? Independent
of the structure of his argument did were you inclined to agree or
Unit Four: Pre reading
1) How do you make moral decisions? For example, if you have to make a
decision and you do not have a readymade rule or idea about what to do, yet it
seem obvious that there is some moral dimension to the decision,
Unit Twelve Post Reading
1) Do an ADC For the Pinker video
Agree-Torture and other forms of violent acts have been used as a sort of punishment in the
past. There are still parts of the world that still follow ancient tradition by using torture and
Unit Six: Post reading questions
1) Do an ADC for the lecture.
Agree- I do agree that money had value at some point because Gold, Silver,
and other precious metals were considered valuable because they are rare
metals. It seems that they have no value, bu