READING QUIZ #2 (Review Midterm #1)
Texts in Linear B
John Chadwick, Linear and Related Scripts, "The Tablets as Historical
1) What could Chadwick tell from the place names in the tablets about the
extent of Knossos' control over Crete?
GREEK FINAL REVIEW
ESSAY OUTLINE EPIGRAPHY SLIDE ID LAST READING QUESTIONS
1) Why was Macedonia able to unify Greece under its control while Athens, Sparta, and
Thebes failed? You'll want to explore this question from a variety of angles. These may
2) Compare or contrast Mycenaean and Minoan civilizations in at least three
respects. Include not only what we know in each case, but also how we
know it and how certainly we know it.
Mycenaean and Minoan civilizations differed in the places they held
3) Chose three different types of evidence that scholars use to understand the
history of archaic and classical Greece or to reconstruct its society and
values. Illustrate with specific examples the advantages and the difficulties
Post Reading Quiz #3 (Midterm #1 Review)
Persian Wars II
Plutarch, The Rise and Fall of Athens, "Cimon" 141-163
1) How did the Athenian allies end up helpless to resist Athenian domination?
2) What were the terms of the treaty with Persian that followed t