Assignment 6: Chapters 11, 12 & 13
Chapter 11: Reports and Research Basics
1. Explain the difference between informational and analytical reports and how direct and
indirect strategies are utilized in each.
Information reports present data without any ana
Chapter 14: Business Presentations
1. Explain how the three main steps for powerful impact in your oral presentation fit into the
Introduction, body, and summary of your message.
Step 1 is to tell them what you are going to say. This fits in
Assignment 5: Chapters 9 and 10
Chapter 9: Negative Messages
1. Discuss the four situations in which the direct pattern should be used for bad news.
When the bad news is not actually affecting the person and is insignificant, then direct strategy can be
Chapter 7: Electronic Messages and Digital Media
1. In what ways do paper-based and electronic messages differ in the roles they play in today's
Even though we are quickly adapting to electronic communication, paper-based messa
Assignment 2: Chapters 3 and 4
Chapter 3: Intercultural Communication
1. Explain the three significant trends related to the increased importance of intercultural
Globalization of Markets: Businesses are expanding more and more each day gl
Assignment 3: Chapters 5 and 6
Read Chapter 5: Organizing and Writing Business Messages
1. Explain the difference between formal and informal research methods.
Formal: When you must do more research to acquire more data that what you already know.
Assignment 1: Chapters 1 & 2
Chapter 1: Effective and Ethical Communication at Work
1. Explain the 7 trends affecting our dynamic workplace.
Heightened global competition is now causing companies to learn new skills to be able to adapt
to going global. Be