It takes more momentum to stop a truck then a car - the truck is more massive
If two objects have the same mass - the object that is moving faster needs a larger force to stop it.
Velocity and mass determine what is needed to
The Human Biome Guided Notes
The Integumentary System comprised of _, _ and
Hair & Nails - _ and _. Made from mostly _ which
makes cells tough & _.
Skin - Protection from _, injury & _;
_ - _ layer of skin; Dead, flat cells of _.
_ - Line
System a defined collection of objects
The impulse momentum theorem is another way of stating Newtons 3rd Law.
Example: Ball and bat bat exerts a force on the ball, so the ball must have exerted a force equal in magnitude,
but opposite in direction. The
Balancing Equations Algebraically
Simple inspection is usually the fastest and easiest way to balance equations. But some equations can be
difficult by this method, so we can get a bit more systematic about it. Here is a method that works nicely
1. List the fields of study that impact environmental science and describe how they impact
the study of environmental science.
2. Give 3 examples of environmental issues for each of the following areas:
3. What is biodiversity?
v = v2 v1
Using similar triangles,
Where r = either v2 or v1
s (chord AB) = d = vt
v v 2
= , rearrange it to
BEGIN YOUR WORKS CITED ON A NEW PAGE AND NUMBER EACH PAGE.
BEGIN EACH ENTRY AT THE LEFT MARGIN. IF THE ENTRY RUNS MORE THAN ONE LINE,
INDENT ADDITIONAL LINE FIVE SPACES. DOUBLE SPACE BETWEEN ALL LINES ON THE
PAGE OF WORKS CITED. SINGLE S
Name _ Date _ Pd _ Partners Name _
2 Small Paper Clips
Safety: Gently Apply Pressure to the Subjects Skin for Two Seconds. No Stabbing!
P artA :Pressure take notes where needed!
1. Unravel one paper clip into a straight line.
1. From Figure 1, what is the largest single source of primary pollutants in the US?
2. Why is ground-level ozone an example of a secondary pollutant?
3. List each primary pollutant from Table 1, and give one way you contribute directly or indirectly to e
(Study of HOW objects move)
v v f v i
EQ 1: a =
t 2 t1
EQ. 2 is derived from EQ. 1:
v f vi
at = v f vi
v f = vi + at
From a v-t graph, we found displacement (total area under the curve). The total area