1. Draw the structure of an Oxygen (8 electrons) atom and label protons, electrons, and
a. How many electrons fit into the 1st and 2nd energy levels?
b. What is the significance of an atomic number?
2. Compare and contrast elements and compounds
1. Measure the Height, Width and Thickness of the gummi bear in centimeters and record it in the chart
(H x W x T)
2. Calculate the s
1. What domain do protists and fungi belong to?
2. Protists are broken down by their mode of nutrition. What are the three types?
3. Protozoans are animal like protists. They can be classified by how they move.
4. Other than movement, what is
How are the observed protists structured for survival? (Make sure to describe the structures and their functions
of EACH protist observed).
Cells-Basic Unit of Life
Objective: What are the similarities and differences between animal and plant cells?
Compare & contrast common structures (and their functions) that you saw. (Predict: How might you identify an
Part I: Onion Epiderm
1. The cell membrane of red blood cells is permeable to water but not to salt, NaCl. Suppose you have 3
flasks. Flask X contains a 0.5% NaCl solution. Flask Y contains a 0.9% NaCl solution and flask Z
contains a 1.5% NaCl solution. To each flask you then