1) _ is the study of the structure and shape of the body.
2) The ability of the body to maintain a relatively stable internal environment is referred to
b. Negative feedback
1. Which of the following types of epithelial tissue usually forms membranes where
filtration, or exchange of substances by diffusion, occurs?
a. Simple cuboidal
b. Simple columnar
c. Simple squamous
d. Stratified squamous
e. Pseudostratified columnar
1. The process whereby mRNA is made from the DNA in the nucleus is called
_. The process whereby information on mRNA is "decoded" at the
ribosomes in the cytoplasm is called _.
a. Transcription; identification
b. Transcription; interpretation
1. Groups of cells that are similar in structure and function are called _.
a. Nervous tissue
c. Connective tissue
d. Multiple cells
2. In _, adjacent plasma membranes fuse together tightly, like a zipper.
a. Gap junctions
1) Labeling the parts of a cell on a diagram is an example of an exercise in _.
a. Positive stimuli
2) At the cellular level, cells consist of _.
3) Eyelashes, pain rec
1. Cells build the majority of their components from _.
c. Nucleic acids
2. The essential nutrient _ comprises over 60% of any living organism's cells.
3. Specialized cellula
1) Place the following in correct sequence from simplest to most complex:
(1) Molecules; (2) Atoms; (3) Tissues; (4) Cells; (5) Organs
2) The term medial _.
a. is a term referring to a direc
1) When the body is subject to physical trauma, such as in an automobile accident,
which organs are the most vulnerable to injury (homeostatic imbalance)?
a. Pelvic organs in the abdominopelvic cavity
b. Heart and lungs in the thoracic cavity
c. The brain