1) The cardiovascular and _ systems work together to supply the body with
oxygen and rid it of carbon dioxide.
2) Which of the following is not an organ of the respiratory system?
1) Air in the conducting zone airways that does not contribute to gas exchange
between the alveoli and the blood is called _.
a. dead space volume
b. expiratory reserve volume
c. tidal volume
d. residual volume
e. alveolar air
2) Air must pass through thi
1) The partition that separates the nasal cavity from the oral cavity below is called
b. Nasal septum
d. Thyroid cartilage
2) What is the maximum volume of air that can be expelled from the lungs called?
a. Tidal v
1) Which of the following would increase the pH of blood leading to alkalosis?
a. Falling asleep
c. Rebreathing air in a brown paper bag
d. Holding your breath
2) Oxygen and carbon dioxide cross the actual lung membrane s
1) The largest amount of carbon dioxide is carried in the blood in the form of
a. dissolved carbon dioxide gas in the blood plasma
d. bicarbonate ions
e. carbonic acid
2) What is the form of hemoglobin that is r
1) Which of the following phrases best describes how the cells that form the walls of
lymph capillaries aid in regulating interstitial fluid?
a. The capillaries play no role in regulating interstitial fluid.
b. The edges overlap, making a mini valve.
1) Three important aspects of the adaptive defense are that it is antigen specific, it is
systemic, and it _.
a. has a memory
b. is housed in the epidermis
c. is only used one time
d. only occurs in MALT
2) Important in recruiting other cells to fight inv
1) Allergic symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes, result from
2) The substance produced by virus-infected cells that helps other cells resist viral
infection is _.
1) The body's first line of defense against the invasion of pathogens is _.
c. The skin
d. White blood cells
2) The immune cells involved in allergic reactions, especially in the lining of the
nasal passages, causing sneezing and