1) ADH stimulates tubular reabsorption of _.
a. K+ ions
b. Na+ ions
c. Na+ and K+ ions
d. water, Na+ ions, and K+ ions
2) The portion of the nephron that flows into the collecting duct is called the
b. loop of Henle
c. distal con
1) What are the structural and functional units of the kidneys that are involved in
a. Renal pelvis
b. Medullary pyramids
c. Renal columns
2) What enzyme produced by the kidneys helps to regulate blood pressure?
1) Chronic, very dilute urine with a low specific gravity indicates _.
a. excessive fluid intake
d. diabetes insipidus
e. kidney inflammation
2) Blood leaving an afferent arteriole would enter which of the following?
1) The kidneys help maintain _ in the body by filtering fluid, eliminating
excess ions, and balancing water levels.
2) All of the following are organs of the urinary system except the _.
1) The digestive system has four main roles including ingestion, digestion, _,
2) The tongue has several bony attachments, among them the _ bone in the
neck and the _ process of the
1) Which of the following is NOT an enzyme associated with protein digestion?
2) Which of the following is NOT an important role of the liver?
a. Manufacture bile
b. Store glycogen
1) The finger-like projections of the small intestinal mucosa, which are so important
in nutrient absorption, are the _.
c. Crypts of Lieberkuhn
d. Plicae circulares
2) The glands that frequently become inflamed when one gets
1) All of the following except _ are digestive problems associated with
a. PKU (phenylketonuria)
b. Gallbladder problems
d. Irritable bowl syndrome
2) A small blind tube attached to the cecum just below (inferior) to where the ileum