Reading Assignment - Chapter 16
Article: "The NPV profile: A creative way of looking at the NPV" by Frank Lefley & Malcolm
Morgan, Management Accounting, June 1999, volume 77(6), pages 39-41.
Assignment: Read the article and provide a summary. Your summar
New York University
Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development
Department of Teaching and Learning
TCHL-UE.1999 & TCHL-GE.2999
Field Based and Open Internet Assignment
Name of Field Site/School:
Procter & Gamble Harvard case study 1. Discuss the type of structure that P&G used during the 1950s. Explain the benefits for
using this structure, explain which strategies would be appropriate for this structure and
tell me if the was a good fit for P&G
31) Employee dissatisfaction can be expressed in a variety of ways. These do NOT
include which of the following?
B) stealing company property
D) conforming to company values
E) shirking part of their responsibilities
22) _ is dissatisfaction expressed by an individual actively and constructively
attempting to improve conditions.
Page Ref: 98
Topic: Job Dissatisfaction
76) Tony has always "stuck to his own" so to speak. He therefore seemed to have
difficulty working in a new department that was culturally diverse. Tony is exhibiting
A) high cultural intelligence.
B) high culture shock.
C) low cultural intelligence.
Case- Diversity Competency
1) Which key attributes of the diversity competency are illustrated in this case? Give a specific
eample of each attribute identified.
One of the key attributes that Accenture displays is to foster an environment of inclusion wi
64) Ada, who recently relocated from Greece to the United States, and was surprised
to see how much emphasis was placed on rewarding group members for performance
improvements and excellence. Thus, in her view, the US emphasized
A) power distance.
13) Which of the following is the most accurate description of ethics?
A) Ethics are easy to implement at the organizational level as best illustrated at Enron
B) Ethics look at past personal traumas.
C) Ethics is common sense that informs us
10) Within Hofstede's research, a culture emphasizing _ would value thrift,
persistence and tradition.
A) long-term orientation
B) short-term orientation
C) power distance
Page Ref: 82
Strategic Planning for a Health Care Facility
Veterans Health Administration
Diane F. Jeanette
HCA 422: Health Care Planning & Evaluation
September 6, 2010
Strategic Planning for a Health Care Facility
In business there are strategies
Chapter 15 - Page 475. Question 1 - What aspects of differentiation and integration are
illustrated in this case?
Fedex Kinkos has very clearly implemented the two basic principles of organizing an
organization, differentiation and integration.
9) Individualism refers to a loosely knit social framework in which people tend to
their own interests and those of their immediate family.
Page Ref: 82
Topic: Hofstede's Cultural Values
77) Organization behaviour has few
E) field studies.
Page Ref: 12
Topic: OB has Few Absolutes
78) By putting people first, it is thought that emp
52) Sally needs an individual who is innovative and individualistic to help push the
project beyond the normal practices of the company. With strong leadership from
others, she wants to find a person who will bring innovative ideas to the tea
40) Jessica feels she received an appropriate salary increase this year, but does not
believe that the company's methods for determining salary increases are fair. She
believes there is a problem with the firm's
A) interpersonal justice.
B) distributive j
80) Jason faced an uproar recently after his employees received their annual pay
increases. The employees complained that the company didn't follow a fair process in
awarding the increases. This is an example of
A) distributive justice.
B) procedural just
Locarno and Locarno springs (1925)
Gustav Stresemann- leader German Peoples Party + German Foreign Minister
Looking for immediate recovery Germanys humiliation 1918
Called off resistance in Ruhr, accept borders France+ Belgium
Willing to accept- Treaty
37) Gail appears to be the more productive student because
A) her efficiency seemed to be better than Allison's.
B) her effectiveness seemed to be better than Allison's.
C) her IQ is higher than Allison's.
D) Allison didn't seem to think that time is an i
19) According to Maslow, when does a need stop motivating?
A) when it is substantially satisfied
B) It never stops motivating.
C) when one returns to a lower level need
D) when a higher level need comes into focus
E) when too many other needs come into fo
44) Which behavioural science discipline contributes to OB's understanding of group
C) social psychology
E) political science
Page Ref: 7
61) If a manager uses positive or negative reinforcement when an employee
completes a task, the manager is trying to
A) strengthen the behaviour of completing the task.
B) weaken the behaviour of completing the task.
C) strengthen the behaviour of complet
58) Within the framework of the Big Five Personality Factors, openness to experience
is a personality factor that describes the degree to which a person is
A) sociable, talkative, and assertive.
B) good natured, cooperative, and trusting.
C) creative, art
21) Dale is a person who values new experiences regardless of whether they turn out
to be positive or negative. This is typical of a Baby Boomer.
Page Ref: 86
Topic: Values in the Canadian Workpla
12) In MBO, goals are established for departments and units rather than for individual
Page Ref: 139
Topic: Other Theories of Motivation
13) In MBO, goals should be tangible and measura
Topic: What is Motivation?
42) Sam and his assistant Kim recently sat down to collectively set tangible
performance goals for her. This is a key aspect of MBO.
Page Ref: 139
Topic: Other Theories o
Standard of living: refers to the material basis of well-being. A higher standard of living means a higher quality
and quantity of goods and services available to individuals and to society.: real gdp per capita
Rule of 70: 70/rate of growth= # of years f
Comparative advantage; the ability to produce a particular good or service at
a lower opportunity cost than a competing entitiy
Absolute advantage: the ability to produce a particular good or service using less
of a given resource than a competing entity
e Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and
Volume 6 | Issue 1
Reducing Anxiety and Increasing Self-e'cacy
within an Advanced Graduate Psychology Statistics
April L. McGrath
Mount Royal University, amcgrath@m
Discriminatory policies in Societies are never done: Rhetorical Strategies in
Huckerbys Frances Burkini Bans Put Muslim Women in Danger
Discriminatory policies in societies are not over; in France, the recen
Discriminatory policies in societies are not over; in France the recent terrorist attacks have sparked a new
form of discrimination. The author Jayne Huckerby, wrote Frances Burkini Bans Put Muslim women in
Danger published in August 24, 2016 in the Time
REC 93 Introduction to Therapeutic Recreation Fall 2016
Instructor: Prof. Jose Acevedo, MS Ed., CTRS, CPT, RM
FALL 2016 ASSIGNMENTS
Assignment # 1 Due Date: September 28, 2016
This assignment requires you to combine both Part I and Part II into
IRIS Module Assignment Rubric
All components of discussion questions
addressed. Documentation of
supporting evidence given.
Almost all components of
supporting evidence give