Cosmos & the Earth / v55.0202 / Fall 2007 / Midterm Exam
Instructions: There are 35 questions on this exam, each with four possible choices. The last page contains a list of equations and numbers you might find useful. Record your answers on the bubb
Cosmos & the Earth / Fall 2007 / Lecture Question Sheet #1
1. What is the range of wavelengths of light your eye can detect, in nanometers?
2. What is the speed of light?
3. How far is a light-year in kilometers?
4. How far away is the nearest st
Cosmos & the Earth / Fall 2007 / Lecture Question Sheet #2
1. State Newton's law of gravity.
2. If the Earth was twice as massive as it actually is, would the length of the year change?
3. What is acceleration? If I am accelerated from rest at 9.8
Cosmos & the Earth / Fall 2007 / Lecture Question Sheet #3
1. What is the speed of light?
2. Define period, frequency and wavelength in words.
2. Name three types of wave other than light.
2. What is the mathematical relationship between period a