1. Which of the following items represent design goals that motivated the development of
TCP/IP? (choose all that apply)
A = robust network architecture
B = reliable delivery mechanisms Is
C = ability of the dissimilar systems to exchange data
1. In an IPv4 packet header, what does the value in the Internet Header Length signify?
a. the length of the IPv4 packet minus options
b. the length of the IPv4 header
c. the length of the IPv4 header minus options
d. the length of the IPv4 pac
1. An IPv6 node uses NDP to discover the link-layer address of the next-hop router by
sending a Router Solicitation message as what kind of network message?
1. Where is routing
1. Path MTU Discovery is only available for IPv6.
1. What is the name of the concept that indicates that a path exists between two TCP/IP
hosts on an internetwork?
c. path discovery
1. Which address is used to identify the sender and receiver in an IP packet header?
b. symbolic name
c. domain name
d. numeric IP
1. Which of the following is an 8-bit number that denotes various portions of an IP