1. If civilian death from U.S. military action is accidental, then it is fundamentally different
than civilian death caused by terrorism.
1. Civilians are defined as any non-combatant, or those who cannot actively cause harm
1. In the most rec
Issue Question: Is there objective morality?
1. Premise One: If different views of right and wrong exist among individuals, then
objective morality does not exist.
a. If different views of right and wrong exist among individuals, then morals
Issue Question: Can suicide be moral?
1. Premise One: If one's life is one's own property, then suicide can be moral.
a. If one's life is one's own property, then it is one's right to take one's own life.
i. All humans are born with natural r
Issue Question: Is suicide justifiable?
1. Premise One: If people have the right to be happy and free of suffering, then suicide is
a. If people have the right to be happy and free of suffering, then nobody deserves to
Issue Question: Should the government prohibit people under 18 from playing Rated M games?
1. Premise One: If Rated M games cause real life violence, then the government should
prohibit people under 18 from playing Rated M games.
a. The gover
(Argue why Carters policy was not a good one)
The President Carters human rights policy is an illustration of the idealist tradition or
approach on foreign policy. It is strongly related to one of the distinctive features of idealism
which is the priority
Issue Question #8
Should affirmative action be overturned or tuned down?
1. If minorities have historically received bad treatment, then affirmative action should not
1. Minorities are (in the United States) any group of peopl
Issue Question #7
Should gun rights be regulated more tightly?
1. If guns are the source of preventable death or suffering, then guns should be regulated
1. Guns are weapons capable of killing many people at once.
1. Although t
Ethics Paper #6
Should soccer be more regulated to prevent diving?
1. If diving ruins the legitimacy of the game, then soccer should be more regulated to
1. Diving is the act of falling in order to get the referee to call a f
Ethics Paper #5
Should every country have an equal voice in the United Nations?
1. If we should seek a better union between countries, then every country in the United
Nations should have an equal voice.
a) The United Nations is an internati
Ethics paper #4 Should stem cells be used for research?
1. If the benefits of stem cell research outweigh the potential costs, then stem cells should be
used for research.
1. If the benefits of stem cell research outweigh the potential costs
Ethics argument #3 Is universal health care necessary? From a Utilitarian standpoint
1. If pain can be avoided through universal health care, universal health care is necessary.
1. If pain can be avoided through universal health care, then i
Issue Question: Is human life sacred?
1. If all humans are believed to be equal, then human life is sacred.
1. If humans are believed to be equal, then ethical guidelines control human interaction.
1. Ethical codes have existed since the beginning of reco
Issue Question: Is life the will to power (from Nietzsche)?
1. If humans strive to best each other, then life is the will to power
1. If humans strive to best each other, then there is an innate desire for competition.
1. In any aspect of life, humans alw
Ethics final paper - #1
Would the greatest happiness principle promote the legalization of same-sex marriage?
1. If legalizing same-sex marriage would cause greatest happiness to the population, then it
is supported by the greatest happiness
Issue Question: Should gay marriage be legalized?
1. Premise One: If all human beings deserve to marry the person they love, then gay
marriage should be legalized.
a. If all human beings deserve to marry the person they love, then gay marriag