DISCUSSION WEEK 5 / SESSION 5.2
Article 10: "Seriously, Go Take a Hike"
1. Will the offerings of modern technology -Internet, TV, video gaming- and society
(Amber Alert syndrome) result in more members of current and future generations
growing up "denatur
4050 351 Lab 6: Multiple Network Infrastructure using
Ethernet, PPP, and IP
4050 351 Lab 4: Point to Point Protocol Study Guide
DISCUSSION WEEK 5 / SESSION 5.1
Article 9: "Internet Junkies: Hooked Online"
1. Has -or will- excessive use of the Internet become a serious social problem to the
point of being worthy of a new category of clinical mental disorder?
2. Is Internet addictio
DISCUSSION WEEK 4 / SESSION 4.2
Article 8: When Google Gets Dangerous
1. Does the mistaken truncation of the Investment News story by Google raise serious concerns
over the reliability of its information gathering and processing?
2. Was Google correct in
DISCUSSION WEEK 4 / SESSION 4.1
Article 7: Google and Privacy
1. Do you agree that Googles broadening reach is giving it unchecked power?
2. Will the proposed ad partnership between Google and Yahoo unfairly drive up online ad prices
with the consumer eve
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK 3 : DISCUSSION 3.2
Article #6: "The Digital Divide: The Kindle DX"
1. Will the newest version of Kindle DX- revolutionize the way students learn?
2. Which advantage(s) / feature(s) of the DX are most appealing to you?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK 3 / SESSION 3.1
Article #5: "E-Books vs. Print Textbooks
YES David Moskowitz
1. Are there any benefits of e-books in addition to those cited in this opinion?
2. Have you used an e-book? If so, how did it compare with that of
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK / SESSION 2.2
ARTICLE #3: "Should Students be Allowed to Bring Laptops to Class?"
YES (Brad Reed)
1. Brad Reed describes laptop students as aggressive adaptors of information technology, the forward
scouts of the communicatio
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK / SESSION 2.1
ARTICLE #2: "No Test Tubes. Debate on Virtual Science Classes"
1. In your opinion, how do virtual (simulated) science labs compare to hands-on (physical)
labs? Are they an acceptable substitute?
2. It has been s
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK / SESSION 1.2
ARTICLE #1: Does Wikipedia Hurt Scholarship?
1. According to Thomas Locke, wikis promote and improve scholarship by empowering students
to publish their opinions / thoughts and continuously refine them. Do you a
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND VALUES (0508-211-02)
COURSE INFORMATION SHEET
Instructor: Professor C. Jay Cappon (Professor Jay)
Contact: [email protected] Office Hours: By appointment.
Class Meeting: TR, 4:00pm 5:
DISCUSSION WEEK 7 / SESSION 7.2
Article # 14: "RFID: Promise or Threat?"
1. Does RFID indeed offer potentially dire consequences for personal privacy?
2. Are RFID proponents -retailers- sincere when they claim they will be responsible and
protective of co
DISCUSSION WEEK 7 / SESSION 7.1
Article #13: "Too Much Tech"
1. Can / do fancy electronic gadgets really make our jobs / lives more effective?
2. Do you agree that mobile gadgets are always inferior to standard office equipment?
3. The more functions you
DISCUSSION WEEK 6 / SESSION 6.2
Article #12: "Virtual Wallet is Just a Call Away"
1. Do you envision the wallet phone as a household staple?
2. Would security concerns (theft, hacking) outweigh the potential convenience benefits
of the wallet phone?
DISCUSSION WEEK 6 / SESSION 6.1
Article #11: "U.S. Military to Own the Weather"
1. In light of recent severe weather disasters (tsunamis, hurricanes) and the future
impact of global warming, is it appropriate for our government to fund a serious scientifi
4050 351 Homework 5: IP Addressing and Subnets Name: Lecture Professor:
1. (1 point each correct answer, 24 total) Fill in the following table:
Classful IP Net Address 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124