1. Discuss how particular behaviors incorporated in the cultural system of a society.
a. Each culture has different ways of living and different views on certain
things. This makes them unique. Of course each culture b
1. The five subfields of Anthropology are Cultural Anthropology, Archaeology, Anthropological
Linguistics, Physical Anthropology and Applied Anthropology.
1. Cultural Anthropology is finding different things that each
1. When comparing the homo-erectus to australopitheanes, start with the physical
features. Homo-erectus had larger and bigger brains with cranial volume meaning
the greater capacity for cultural behavior than the aust
1. Since we know during fertilization, male and female both bring together 23
chromosomes, each to make formation of a new living organism. What makes up these
chromosomes is DNA, when the DNA is grouped together they
1. Explain how the existence of clines argues against the idea of discrete human races.
a. The existence of clines argues against the idea of discrete human races because it
means we are made up of each other, of all r
1. Describe the types of sites that archaeologist might find and excavate.
a. Open campsites and villages sites would hold products of hunters and gathers
when they would build camp for short periods and animal remains
A. Distinctive hands and feet- this gives them the ability to get away from something that is
trying to harm them more reach the food they need.
B. Acute Vision- This feature will help them see any danger ahead or
1. What kinds of evidence help archaeologists understand subsistence
a. Depending on what type of markings is left on bones they find like
holes or teeth marks. Some markings distinguish whether humans
Film Reviews: Oh What a Blow/Intro to YouTube
Our world today is awash in media. Technological advances have made saying good
morning or good night to grandparents on the other side of the world simple compared to the
weeks to mail a greeti
January 5, 2016
Temple of the Animal Gods and Their Icons
In the observed culture, for which I have found no name, the people worship
animal gods. Due to every god being an animal, the culture worships the animals