Aasne Honeroed Hoveid
History F100X: Midterm Study Questions
Unit 3: Civilization
What is the thesis of this book, as far as you can tell from
the preface? Pick out one or two key sentences that illustrate
From just reading the preface, I think th
HIST F100X: Study guide 2nd
- The Long Shadow: the introduction, chapters 1, 2, and 3
- Orwell's 1984
- Article "Notes on Nationalism", found on Blackboard
- Article "Macedonian Identity", found on Blackboard
- Article "Shrapnel in the Liver"
Unit 7 Lecture and Textbook Questions
1. What is propaganda? Give some examples of how propaganda was used during World War II.
Propaganda is the distribution of ideas and beliefs through a medium such as art or music.
Examples from WWII would be
Unit 6 Lecture/Textbook Questions
1. What country was the Sudetenland part of? Why did Hitler want the Sudetenland?
It was part of Czechoslovakia. He wanted it since there was a large minority of ethnic Germans
left over from the Austrian Empire a
Hist. 100X Unit 4 Lecture/Textbook Questions
1. Who were the Bolsheviks? They were a group of Social-Democratic Workers lead by Vladimir
2. What was the treaty of Brest-Litovsk? It was a treaty between the Central Powers and the
Hist. 100X Unit 4 Political Cartoon Analysis
The political cartoon on the attached document was published in a London
newspaper following the Russo-German Armistice of December 16, 1917. With this
armistice, Russia under the leadership of Vladimir Lenin,
Hist. 100X Unit 2 Lecture/Textbook Questions
1. Why is it important to discuss the Industrial Revolution before beginning to study the 20 th
century? The Industrial Revolution marked the beginning of the Modern Era and brought
innovations that hea
Hist. 100X Unit 1 Lecture/Textbook Questions
1. In regards to the Hist. 100X Book Review, the lecture states: you should always have someone
other than yourself read your paper to check for errors. Explain why this is a good idea.
It is easy to mi
Hist. 100X Unit 3 Textbook/Lecture Questions
1. What was the Three Emperors League?
The Three Emperors League was an alliance of the three European powers with
emperors. This included Germany, Austria, and Russia.
2. Who killed Franz Ferdinand and
Hist. 100X Unit 5 Lecture/Textbook Questions
1. What factors led to the Great Depression in the United States? Domestic over-production,
unequal distribution of income, falling demand for exports, and speculation caused the crash
of the stock mark