Chapter 5 Homework
1) How did sound recording survive the advent of radio and the Great Depression?
Sound recording survived the advent of radio and the Great Depression by making
deals with radio stations for playing th
Chapter 4: Magazines in the Age of Specialization
1) Magazines started as channels for political commentary and gradually transformed into a
form of media that most of us use today. Magazines became what they ar
Johann Gutenberg and the Printing Press revolutionized and changed the world. Although
it was considered an amazing invention it also had its negatives. The Printing Press influenced all
aspects of life during thi
Chapter 13 Homework
1) What is the basic philosophical concept that underlies Americas notion of free
The basic philosophical concept that underlies Americas notion of free expression is that
anyone should be able to express his or
Chapter 10 Homework
1) What role did advertising play in transforming the United States into a consumer society?
Advertising began influencing the American values; they were conveying messages of
need. You need to buy this otherwise you arent
Chapter 8 Homework
1) What were the major factors that shaped the early history of television?
Some of the major factors that shaped the early history of television are: the adoption of
analog standard for all U.S tv sets,
Chapter 7 Homework
1) How did film go from the novelty stage to the mass medium stage?
Film went from the novelty stage to the mass medium stage from the hard work and
dedication of inventors. Edison and the Lumiere brothers were some