Most People dont commit crime because. . . .
- Fear of punishment
- Desire for rewards
- To act in a just and moral manner according to societys standards
Criminology: the study of crime
- White collar crime, organizational crime, organized crim
The Fashion Channel Case:
Why this case?
- you will be NEW
- need to stick to FACTS only
Segmentation and targeting is one of the first strategic marketing decisions a firm
The link between core competencies and target segment is dynamic.
Chapter 5 Forensic Accounting
1. Cyber crime involves the use of cell phones. T
2. Computers offer cyber criminals efficient ways to hide fraudulent activities. T
3. The computer as a symbol involves using a computer to intercept data
SALES: Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code
What is a Merchant?
d. Article applies to all sales of goods between buyers and sellers regardless of the
price. Special standards apply to transactions involving merchants.
1. Are dealers in goods of th
COMMON LAW CONTRACT (Page 611-654)
Classification of Common Law Contracts
1. Express and Implied Contracts
a. The terms of an express contract are stated, either in writing or oral.
b. The terms of an implied contract are wholly and partially inferred
SECURED TRANSACTIONS: Article 9 of the UCC
1. Nature of Collateral
b. Goods are fixtures and all things moveable at the time a security interest
1. Goods do not include semi-intangible and intangible items defined in this
sections. Goods als
Chapter 7: Fraud Detection: Red Flags and Targeted Risk Assessment
The Statement of Auditing Standards (SAS) No 1 states (select the most correct answer):
management is responsible for adopting sound accounting policies and fo
Chapter 6: Legal, Regulatory, and Professional Environment
Fraud may only be prosecuted criminally.
If the victims or others with a stake in the outcome of a fraud trial are not satisfied with the results
of the criminal
Forensic Sample Questions: Chapter 3
1. Which is not one of the three M's of financial statement fraud?
a. Missing general ledger.
d. Intentional misapplication.
e. None of the above.
2. Which group is not one of the
Forensic Sample Questions: Chapter 1
1. Which is not one of the six areas of litigation services that the AICPA committee
suggested in 1986?
e. All the above were suggested.
2. Peremptory refers to:
Forensic Sample Questions: Chapter 2
1. Forensic accountants need an understanding of:
d. Investigative auditing.
e. All of the above.
2. Which task probably would not be required of a Certified Fraud Examiner?
Current Event #2
February 11, 2016
Two Doctors Facing Fraud and Drug Charges: www.fbi.gov
In April 2015, Mobile, Alabama pain doctors were arrested because of the
national DEAs Operation Pilluted operation. The Operation Pilluted o
Current Event #1
January 21, 2016
Health Care Fraud Takedown: www.fbi.gov
In June 2015 the largest-ever health care fraud takedown in terms of both
loss amount and arrests occurred. More than 240 individuals were arrested and
Money Laundering: process to make dirty money appear clean
Front Runner: Someone who becomes aware of a large pending trade and trades on
the information given to them.
Fashion Channel Case Study
February 1, 2016
After analyzing the market and financial information for The Fashion Channel
(TFC), I suggest that the company should apply Scenario 3 as their new marketing
strategy. TFC is looking for