I When 9.559 NaOH is dissolved in 50.009 H20 in a coffee cup
I .10 .0, n <- r the temp rises from 23.6°C to 47.4°C. If the specic
CS = 4.184 J/g-OC ,
qm, =v?(k,mo. Mao, = [(4.184jC)(59.55g123.8° d]
AT = 47.4 - 23.6 0c qm : _5_93X10 3 J
. 4 variables describe gases:
1. Pressure (P)
2. Volume (V)
3. Temperature (T) 2. Charless Law: V & T
If increase temp, volume increases
- EjitThink hot air balloonjk
V oc T (@ constant n and P)
- V=T(constant) 3. Avog adro's Law: V 8: n
a: NOTE: 1St
a» Solve for Mm: Mm . ._._._ I. ' .
1 I .
I ! Eq- II- I n
J - - - -:-. .- "'_ ' " ' "_:;a_-,.,.:.'2-'- -."|.-._-.L.n-r.-.' "1 -_- _ . km
10.2: The pressure in a balloon is maintained at 2.20 atm. n
a day when the temperature is -15°C, the volume of gas i
Rare Case: 1%
_ - Gases Substanc
. Alr Mixture of many gasses
*. Common gases: Usually have low Mw
> Noble gases
> zone (3)
> Molecular compounds
C, C2, N2
. Solids or liquids can be forced to exist as ases
wign of w?
- If the wqu done .0 m r a gas is 74 J and 26 J of
heat IS g wen off to the surroundings, what is the
change m energy of the gas?
q = -261 (lost)
w = +74] (on system)
F H .I_ .
- - . . - - -. -' . d.-.rJLa'f-iwh-mrieriy'r-'.'-.':§£;:iul',u . -. . ream-a -.
- A 550 L volume of gas has a pressure of .95 atm at
25°C. What is the volume if the gas is as STP?
(1 gas, 2 conditions)