UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEVADA
MARGARET HENDRICKS and
ANSWER AND CROSS-CLAIM
MAY FORRESTER, an individual,
HARRY RICE & HARVEY RICE,
a partnership, doing business as
HEARTH & HOME REAL EST
CHRONOLOGICAL DEPOSITION SUMMARY
Leo Bradshaw v. Georgetown Medical Center
Personal information: Edwin de Vane
2006 became registered radiologic technologist (page 3)
2007 Became a certified radiologic technologist (page 3)
-Mr. Bradshaw w
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF
New York Corporation,
Civil Action, File Number
COMPLAINT FOR DISCRIMINATION IN
EMPLOYMENT BASED ON SEX,
UNLAWFUL DISCHARGE, and FRAUD
Week15, Ass 1
1. What is a motion for a judgment notwithstanding the verdict?
A judgment notwithstanding the verdict is a judgment entered by a judge after a jury has
returned a verdict that cannot reasonably be supported by the evidenc
1. Three alternative methods are:
a) Request for documents at the deposition of a party.
b) Subpoena duces tecum for a nonparty to produce documents.
c) Request for documents to parties.
2. A request for documents is a request by one party in a lawsuit to
First I must arrange the time and be ready for other party to object. If party agrees we
could proceed, however I will mention a compulsory physical exam and maybe file a
I have to explain to my client the correct procedure and what he could e
1A physical and mental examination is the examination of a party to a lawsuit to determine
factual information about the physical or mental condition of that party. The examination is a
tool used to establish the validity of allegations of mental or physi
1. Interrogatories are written questions submitted to a party from his or her adversary to
ascertain answers that are prepared in writing and signed under oath and that have relevance to
the issues in a lawsuit
2. Interrogatories are used to obtain releva
1. Deposition is the out-of-court oral testimony of a witness that is reduced to writing for
later use in court or for discovery purposes. It is conducted in advance of a lawsuit as a part
of the discovery process and it is one of the most important and w
1. A request for admissions (sometimes also called a request to admit) are a set of
statements sent from one litigant to an adversary, for the purpose of having the adversary
admit or deny the statements or allegations therein.
2. According to Rule 36 of
1. A settlement is an agreement or a contract between parties that terminates the civil dispute.
2. Some of the preliminary decisions surrounding settlement are:
a) The clients personal history
b) The clients present health and medical history
After I searched the site you provided to us, I decided to use Energy Demand for
Arbitration and it could be found on following site:
As it is named this suit for energy related cases, and because Mr. Kowals
1. Trial notebooks are used in court to aid in submitting or reviewing important facts about a
case. A trial notebook helps lawyers and jurors access important information in a concise
and organized manner
1) A photograph of the place
2) Surveillance video camera on the date of the accident
3) Photographs of the plaintiff
4) Wage loss data
5) Medical record of the plaintiff
6) Summary of plaintiffs bills
7) Photographs of injuries
8) Explanation of how the
1. At what age should young adults have unfettered access to credit cards? Why do you say
Tough question, really. There is a big problem here, in Bosnia and Herzegovina with students
and them using credit cards, so in my opinion, students or young a
Assignment 1, Week 11
Define physical and mental examination.
A physical or mental examination is the examination of the physical or mental
state of a party, which must undergo if it is issue in pending legal action. If mental or
Assignment 2, Week 11
Review the Emerson case in the opening commentary [page 312 of your text]. Draft
a checklist of duties that you might expect to assume in preparing Ms. Emerson for
her physical examination.
First of all, notify M
1. Defendants can contest the lawsuit, negotiate a settlement with the plaintiff or do nothing at
2. Time limitations can vary but it is fixed by statutory laws. IF the defendant is out of the
state, time is prolonged, even normally it is 20 days, ho
1. Purpose of the pleading is to set the framwork to all of the steps and proceedings that follow.
2. Complaint generally does the following:-identifies the plaintiffs and the defendants, contains
proper jurisdiction, describe factual basis and makesa req
1. Photographs of the workplace could be admissible however, if someone else took them,
then they may be made with false pretentions. This could be a problem.
2. If letter from Ryder is signed and maybe has a seal on it, it could be authenticated.
3. A le
Access this site and determine the following information relating to an appeal of the a case
you just LOST(!)
1. Review the appellate rules for the Second Circuit and determine the final date to file a
Notice of Appeal, as
Would this be a good place for eco-tourism? What other infrastructure is needed?
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a very small country. It is not recognizable in the world, and that is
big problem. The government cannot rely on mountains and the fact that the pe
1.Cause of action is a condition under which one party would be entitled to sue another.
2. The importance of the act, failure, breach, or violation lies in its legal effect or
characterization and in how the facts and circumstances, considered as a whole
1. Steps included are: researching potential causes, scheduling the interview, developing an
interview questionnaire, gathering forms and documents to sign, taking notes during interview
and producing a summary.
2. There has to be both open and close ende
1. Purpose of the pleading is to set the framwork to all of the steps and proceedings that follow it.
2. Complaint generally does the following: it identifies the plaintiffs and the defendants, contains
proper jurisdiction, describe factual basis and make
1. Defendants can contest the lawsuit or negotiate a settlement with the plaintiff or they cant
do anything at all.
2. Time limitations can vary or can be fixed by but if it is US government than it is 60 days.
Time can be extended by obtaining a stipulat
1. Motion is a document or a means of solving the dispute between the parties during the
lawsuit. If parties cannot reach an agreement they have to apply for a court order which is
called the motion in order to settle the issue.
2. In order to file a moti
Pyramid Computer Corporation
October 28 2012
Find out and locate rules governing thefederaldistrictcourtinSyracuse,NY.
Facts are found on the internet site and serv
1. Evidence is obtained through the discovery process. The purpose of the discovery process is
not to put one party or the other in a disadvantaged position.
2 Five major methods of discovery are:
Requests for real evi
1. A copy of a list of all the components manufactured by Clostermann and delivered to
Aerosystems over the last twelve months.
When we look at this kind of evidence we have to read Rule 26 (a)(1)(B). This should be
classified as an initial disclosure.