1. How are allopathic and osteopathic medicine the same? How are they different?
There are two kinds of practicing physicians in the United States: allopathic physicians and
osteopathic physicians. Both are fully licensed physicians, trained in diagnosing
Survey of complementary medicine
List the advantages of licensure
licensure is necessary to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. While other
professionals are also responsible for the safety of the public
1. Give two other names we can use to identify American Health Care.
Medicaid and Medicare
2. Define complementary and alternative therapies, and distinguish between them?
Complementary therapies- stems of healthcare that treat the whole per
Acupuncture is a system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the
skin or tissues with needles, used to alleviate pain and to treat various physical,
mental, and emotional conditions.
2. Describe A
1. Discuss the history and development of Ayurvedia
Ayurveda is an ancient system of life (ayur) knowledge (veda) arising in India thousands of years ago.
Ayurveda theory evolved from a deep understanding of creation. The great rishis or seers of ancient
Homeopathic remedies treat the mind and the body at the same time to address the
whole of the suffering with one single medicine. Homeopathic remedies stimulate selfhealing rather than relying on a strong drug effect. Self-healing is usually more
Survey of Complemtary Medicine.
September 27, 2015
1. Discuss the history and current usage of herbal therapies
Plants have been used for medicinal purposes long before recorded history. Ancient
Chinese and Egyptian papyr
1. List the advantages of licensure
Answer: Licensure, first of all, is the mark of a professional. The licensure process demands an extra
measure of competence and dedication.
Employers in all disciplines indicate