Analyze this video clip and answer the video questions below.
Managers and Managing
Fast Times at Ridgemont High length 1:44
MIM Week 8
1. Yes there were problems with the Generals plan. Sending the troops into hostile enemy
territory without the proper tools required to complete the mission successfully is the primary
problem. They were denied pro
1. Booster, Retro, Guidance, Surgeon, E.E.Com, GNC, TELMU, Control, Procedures, INCO,
F.A.O., Network, and Recovery.
2. The departments are organized by their function and employee skill level. Each different
1. Could Kazihiro have done anything differently to improve the transition?
Kazihiro could have researched typical expectations of American employees and
compared them to that of a typical Japanese employee. He sh
Management in Movies #4
In the movie John Q we see an employee who, because of the lack of work, has had his
hours cut and health insurance modified. In regards to his status going from full time to part
time, John Q is an at will em
Week 11 MIM
1. How do direction, effort, and persistence play into Heathers college choice?
Direction is possible behaviors a person could engage in. Effort is how hard a person will
work. Persistence is whether a person will
Management in the Movies
What type of leader is Coach Dale?
Coach Dale is a leader focusing on creating structure. He is more concerned with tasks and less about
feelings. He provides instruction and expects everyo
1. After watching the video several times there are a few things that Brad could have done differently. As
soon as the customer came up to the counter and asked for a refund, he could have informed the
customer that he had to speak to a manager. If a form
Week 13 MIM
Is there communication between Viktor and Frank? Why or why not?
There is little to no communication between Viktor and Frank. There is no
communication unless the message is understood. Being an active listene
Week 6 Management in the Movies
1. I would have went into the meeting having researched Japanese business culture rather than going
into the meeting as a prominent U.S. manager. Japanese culture and U.S. culture differ vastly in terms of
beliefs and how i
Management in the Movies
1. How do Jack and Kate use the decision-making process to come to a conclusion about Jacks going to
The discussed at length the need for the decision first and then discusses the pros and cons for each
What apparent biases does Sergeant Collins have?
Sergeant Collins apparent biases include racism, ethnic stereotypes, personality characteristics
based solely on race, and biases based on color of skin. He thinks that Hispanics are spics and
BSAD 301 Week 3
What are some of the aspects of the town culture?
It is extremely apparent that the town is low on the openness to experience. The town is
extremely set in their ways and feels that their way is the only way. It is also appa
Video Response- Week 4 Chapter 4
1. What responsibilities do companies have to inform employees about changes in health coverage?
Companies legally have to notify employees of any and all changes in health coverage. It is up
0.5 out of 0.5 points
According to Mintzberg, which role would a manager assume if she were trying to convince union
members to accept a 25-cent-per-hour reduction in pay in order to keep the manufacturing plant
Principals of Management
Chapter 16, 17, 18 MGMT 9
1.4286 out of 1.4286 points
Shop Ahead, a retail mart, conducted a survey on how long a customer waits in a queue for billing. Based on
the results of the survey, the company planned to
1. Three Factors that have changed modern banking are Mergers, Technology and
Competition. Mergers increase the size of banks and give them many more resources
and also they decrease the number of banks. Technology has affected the accounting
1. Print and READ the course syllabus.
Read-Chapter 1 (use text and PowerPoints).
3. Examine chapter video clip and search internet resources and library materials for more
supplements. Use your reading and the concepts in the instructions to analyze t
Case: Bob Iger: Disney's Fun King
Read Chapter One and carefully review the case on pages 32-33 of your textbook. Answer each
of the following questions completely. Your original post is due no later than 11:59PM on
Thursday. Also respond to at least one
Week 14 MIM
How can Cody use IT to complete his assignment?
Cody will use the following gadgets to help him complete his assignment:
a. Telephoto sunglasses
b. Mobile command center-cell-phone-GPS
c. Get-out-of-trouble watch