M1 Written Assignment
Due at the end of week 1:
Chapter 1: Questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, page 20
1. Globalization: we could define globalization as the integration of the worlds
economies and societies, through; exchange of information, cultural
M8 Written Assignment
Chapter 16: Questions
1. Evolving into multinationalism. As a firm evolves from purely domestic into a true
multinational enterprise, it must consider 1) its competitive advantages, 2) its production
location, 3) the type of control
Mini-Case Google, Taxes, and "Do No Evil"
1. Corporate income taxes are payable on profits. How would you describe "profits" that the result from the
Tech companies as Google use this technique very often, because they can shift large portions of profits
Case Questions - Novo Industri A/S (Novo)
1. What were the impacts on Novo as a result of operating in a segmented market?
Danish securities market was both illiquid and segmented from other capital markets.
In particular, the lack of availability and hig
M5 Written Assignment
Chapter 9: Mini Case: Banbury Impex - Case Questions 1-4, page 244
1. Which factor do you think is more threatening to Banburys profitability,
cotton prices or the rising value of the rupee?
I think the rising value of the rupee is m
1. P & G India. Proctor and Gambles affiliate in India, P & G India, procures much of its toiletries product line fr
Because of the shortage of working capital in India, payment terms by Indian importers are typically 180 days o
P & G India wishes to hedg
1. Visiting Guatemala Isaac Diez Peris lives in Rio de Janeiro. While attending school in Spain he meets Juan Carlos Cordero
Over the summer holiday Isaac decides to visit Juan Carlos in Guatemala City for a couple of weeks. Isaacs parents give him
McDonald's Corporation's Britsh Pound Exposure
1. How does the cross-currency swap effectively hedge the three primary exposures McDonald's
has relative to its British subsidiary?
The 3 primary exposures McDonald's has relative to its British subsidiary a
Chapter 3: Problems: Mainland China's Balance of Payments, 10-13; Euro Area
Balance of Payments, 18-21, page 76-77
10. Is china experiencing a net capital inflow or outflow?
11. What is Chinas total for groups A and B?
Done in Excel
China's (mainland) Balance of Payments
A. Current account balance
B. Capital account balance
C. Financial account balance
D. Net errors and omissions
E. Reserves and related items
Is there any merit to that argument?
A sharp boom and bust in the housing market
Economic and financial globalization has significantly changed the world, both
positively and negatively.
Globalization is a phenomenon that has made it possible for corporations to produce
where the costs are lowest, to sell where the pri
Compare and contrast Import Substitution Industrialization and Export Led Industrialization.
ISI Import Substitution Industrialization:
Trying to enhance industrialization by focus on own production instead of importing goods, you try
to make them yoursel
Explain the difference between absolute and comparative advantage:
All these concepts are connected with another term called the opportunity cost and we consider them
because of the mutual trade.
The opportunity cost stands for giving something up for get
There is one common theory behind all the mentioned law i.e. law of one price, purchasing power parity
and the big mac index. The theory is on the basis that all markets are efficient and the commodity which
is selected is priced equally in all parts of t
ESC Rationale Essay
ESC Rationale Essay
With the pass of time, I have been more and more convinced that every step in life concatenates with
the next one. Every failure, every wrong decision made lead us to an opportunity to make it right.