1.A sphere of 40 kg is attracted by another sphere of 15 kg with a force of 0.1 mg wt (weight).
Find the value of the universal constant of gravitation if the centres of sphere are 20 cm apart.
2.Find the mass of earth if its radius is 6400 km
1. a) An electron moves a distance of 6.0 cm when accelerated from rest by an electric field of
strength 2x10 4 N/C. Calculate the time of travel (m=9x10 31 kg). b) An electron moving with a
speed of 2.5x 10 7 m/s is deflected by an electr
1. The length of a spaceship is measured to be exactly half its actual length. Calculate a) the
speed of the spaceship and b) the time dilatation corresponding to one second on the spaceship.
2. Calculate the velocity that one atomic mass unit have if it
Examples and Problems.
Weight, Vertical Forces, and Elevator Problems. Examples:
1. What is the weight of a 200 kg object?
2. A woman exerts a force of 500 N straight up to lift a 35 kg basket. What is the acceleration of
Answers to Examples 1
1.A mass is executing simple harmonic motion with amplitude A. What is the total distance
traveled by the mass during one period of the oscillation? What is its dispalcement? Does your
answer depend on the time instant from which the period of the oscilla
01. One of these isolated charged spheres is copper and the other is rubber. The diagram
below depicts the distribution of excess negative charge over the surface of two spheres. Label
which is which and support your answer with an explanation.