The person who first used the term cell was (c) Robert Hooke.
All cells contain (c) DNA, plasma membrane, and cytoplasm.
Prokaryotic cells lack (b) a true nucleus.
The word eukaryotic refers specifically to a
Enzymes are (d) biological catalyst, agents that speed up cellular reactions, and proteins.
Enzymes function by (b) lowering the activation energy of a reaction.
The substance that an enzyme combines with is (d) the
Quiz 2 Review Sheet
2. Total Magnification = ocular x objective
3. Focus the microscope: Use course adjustment knobs for initial focusing of the object to
be viewed with low power objectives. Then use fine adjustment knobs for more precise
1. If one were to identify the most important compound for sustenance of life, it would
probably be (c) water.
2. A solvent is (a) the substance in which solutes are dissolved.
3. Diffusion (b) is the movement of molecules from