Study Questions, First Mid Term, RNR256
What did Toynbee say about the rise and fall of civilizations?
2. Describe what Marsh argued in Man and Nature.
3. What does Jared Diamond list as the causes of societal collapse?
4. What is the Russian Dolls model?
Discussion Section Review (cumulative)
Describe qualitative and quantitative methods.
Define and give examples of designs associated with quantitative method (e.g.
correlational, descriptive, experimental).
Define and give examples of designs associ
RNR/PLN 256, Final Exam Study Guide
Urban Planning and Policy
1. What policy document adopted by cities typically contains a Vision for the future of the
2. How does a Conservation Subdivision differ from a Conventional Subdivision?
RNR/PLN 256, Midterm 2 Study Guide
What is groundwater? Hows it different from an aquifer?
Groundwater is any water present below the earth's surface. An aquifer is a porous and permeable
zone in a rock or soil through which ground water flo