From Chapter 3 and 4
1. Describe the vulnerability risk factors associated with higher rates of
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
There are several vulnerability risk factors associated with higher rates of PTSD.
1. According to Horgans research people who are more open to terrorist
recruitment and radicalization tend to.what? Why might this
research not be helpful in identifying future terrorists?
People who are more open to terrorist recruitment and radicalizati
1. Taylor states that there is a "sequence of community reactions that
typically occur after a castastorphe. Describe this sequence.
It starts with the heroic period which occurs right after a disaster,
and the community really does whatever it
From Chapter 5
1. According to Fathali Moghaddam, psychologists have a "vitally important
responsibility in combating terrorism" because?
Psychologists have a vitally important responsibility in combating
terrorism, according to Fathali Moghaddam because
October 23, 2014
Catalonias Independence vs Terrorism: To Be or Not to Be
There has been a lot of talk recently about how much like Scotland with
the United Kingdom, Catalonia wants to have a vote to become independent
from Spain. Bu
1. What is the profile of a terrorist suggested by Russell and Miller in 1977?
The profile given by Russel and Miller (1977) was a young (22-25), unmarried male who is an
urban resident. This young male would be from a middle-upper class family, and have
Four questions, two from Chapter 8 and two from Chapter 9 are:
1. According to Merari, what are the three elements in preparation of a
Group pressure, group commitment, and he influence of a charismatic leader
are the three elements in pre
Questions from Chapter 10
1. According to Kelly what are the three possible outcomes of trauma?
Posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and panic attacks are three
of the many possible outcomes of trauma.
2. According to Kelly spiritual and religious r
PSY 368 Assignment 8
Paton and Violante emphasize a risk management approach to terrorist
events. They believe that "if we can identify the factors that predict positive
and negative outcomes, we may be able to make informed choices regardin
PSY 368 Assignment 9
What did Norris (1992) report on the impact of traumatic events on older citizens?
He reported not only that older adults were more resilient . Many older
adults have learned that they can overcome difcult or
1. "The preponderance of evidence indicates that emergency responder lives
were likely lost at the World Trade Center on 9/11" because of what?
The preponderance of evidence indicates that emergency responder
lives were likely lost at the world
All Questions are from Chapter 13
1. What are three characteristics of habituation?
Three characteristics off habituation are that its relatively specific to
an eliciting event, it may dissipate under conditions in which the aversive
event does not reoccu