1. Why are focal adhesions more common in moving cells and
hemidesmosomes more common in stationary epithelial cells?
Focal adhesions are common in moving cells because they're made up of actin
and are able to easily to be broken down.
Study Questions NROS 307 Lec 34
1. Describe the training protocol and outline the neuronal circuitry and signal transduction
pathways that lead to classical conditioning in Aplysia californica. Include the molecular
targets of the signal transduction path
NROS 310 Lec 30 Study Qs
1. Describe how intermediate filaments are generated. Why is there
no polarity associated with intermediate filaments?
Intermediate filaments are very rope-like in structure. Protofilaments join
together to form a protofibril, whi
Lecture 16 Study Qs
1. Why does light lead the hyperpolarization of rods and cones? What is the dark current
and what causes it?
2. A). Outline the signal transduction pathway that leads from light interaction with
rhodopsin to detection of light
lll. Types of empirical relationships in Cognitive Science
The IV is a stimulus variable that is under the experimenter’s control.
i.e., the experimenter manipulates levels of the IV.
A control condition is included to permit a baseline aga
1. Give examples of how question wording can change the results of a survey or poll.
a. Leading Questions
i. Negative version primed the people to be negative
ii. Positive version primed the people to be positive
b. Double-Barreled Questions
Chapter 1 Psychology is a Way of Thinking
1. Explain what it means to reason empirically
a. Reasoning using evidence from the senses (sight, hearing, and touch)
2. Appreciate how an understanding of psychological research methods is crucial n
Sea levels are rising
at an unprecedented
rate due to global
This topic is at interest to me, because I am
warming life and
a big fan of animals and marine
destructive erosion, flooding of wetlands,
contamination of aquifers and agricultural
soils, and lo
rainfall, wind and other conditions
over a larger region and a longer time than weather. For
example, the weather was rainy in Phoenix, Arizona, last
week. But this city usually gets only about 7 inches of rain
each year. So the
Eat Your Porridge
What the British call porridge and Americans call oatmeal doctors now call miracle. At Kentucky Universitys College of Medicine, Dr. James Anderson has found that oats contain a gummy material, a complex carbohydrate, which can lower the
Meat and vegetables supply vital nutrients, such as proteins, fats and starches. The problem is, however, that your body only assimilates small food molecules, whereas protein, fat and starch molecules are quite large. Digestion, therefore, chops these lo