Bank Documents: The Devil Is in the Detail
1. Outline the transactions. Includes the flow of funds among the individuals and corporations.
Nov. 2000 TPC acquire TRC
TPC raises 500K from its existing investors
Non-Competition Agreement for TRCs owners and
Midwest Lighting Inc.
1. Evaluate the company. How much do you believe the company is worth? Bring to class a
written bid of how much you would pay for it if you were Scott and Peterson.
By looking at the book value, price earnings, cash flows, and income
VC Capital Deal Sourcing and Screening
1. How risky do you think the VC industry is?
Very. Since the venture capitalists invest in a privately held, high-growth, early-stage
companies, and need to hold their investment for as many as 7-10 years before rea
Lightwave Technology, Inc.
1. In anticipation of an IPO, should Lightwave get another round of bridge financing? Why or
Yes. Although the company had a rough time in 2000-2002, it survived and had a good growth rate
since 2004. From the income st
Making Ethics Personal
1. The author refers to the principle of the actualization of a possibility. What does that mean,
and how is that different form just obeying rules?
It means that understanding our character involves anticipating our best selves and
Evaluate Andrew Masons strengths and weaknesses as a leader.
What would you say was his primary focus?
Comment on their strategic model. Do you think it was correct?
Analyze their 12/31 12 financials. Are they strong or weak and why
1. Do you think its a good idea to go right into your own venture after school, or work and get
It depends really. Time and opportunity do not wait. If someone get a great opportunity after school,
he may immediately grab it, o
Burts Bees Case
1. An entrepreneur need have these characteristics:
A clear goal in mind no matter how small it is.
A brave heart for taking any adventures in business.
A realistic mind to make quick and right decision.
A unique standard for ethics and wa