Human Genome Project
A genome is the word to describe all out genes as a whole. The human genome project is
what research was done to find all these genes. Researchers all around the world worked together
in order to construct complete mapping
Chapter 12, 13
Chapter 12 and lecture. Questions to study for the final
1. What is a spontaneous mutation? Just happens, dont know why
2. What is a point mutation? Substitution of one base for another
3. A missense mutation is what type of point mutation?
Chapter 4 Questions to study for the in-class quiz and exam.
1. What are the FOUR major sources of genetic variation in humans?
Mutations, crossing over, fertilization, independent assortment
2. In a punnet square the AXES represent what? Gametes, or sing
Celiac disease is a somewhat common disease found worldwide and 1 in 100 people are
estimated to have it ( http:/celiac.org). Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder not a food
allergy. The difference between the two is that a f