1) Q: Why does it have to say the date?
A- Rashi: Because on this day they finished the food from Egypt (61
meals) and on the next day manna was given
3) Q: Why were Bnei Yisrael complaining about food?
A- Mechilta: They used to help themselves t
Perek 16 Part 2
6) Q: Why does it say and you will know that Hashem took you out from
A: Rashi- something will happen and you will see that Hashem took you out- not
Moshe or Aharon. What is this special present? They will get Slav (birds) at ni
When did Yitro arrive?
Ibn Ezra: this took place AFTER Matan Torah
Rashi- First part: BEFORE
Second part: AFTER
Zevachim: Rav Yehoshua- BEFORE
Rav Eliezer- AFTER
Devarim: Moshe tried getting Yitro to join them for the rest of their journey, but he went
1) Q: Why is it not written Bayom hahu?
A: Rashi- The words of the Torah should be viewed as if its new
2) Q: Why does it need to say that they left Rifidim?
A: Rashi- Just as they left in repentance, they arrived at Har Sinai in a state of Teshu
17) Abravanel: The route of Shalach is important. Why does it say that Pharaoh
is responsible for sending them out when Hashem took them out?
In the Torah, when the number 7 is used it means plenty. Now Pharaoh is
sending them out this shows that
3) Hashem makes Pharaoh to think that Bnei Yisrael is lost and he still has the
5) Q: Who told Pharaoh that the Jews were not coming back?
A- Rashi: Pharaoh thought that the Jewish people were only going out for three
days so he sent s
22) Q: Why was it so hard for Bnei Yisrael to get water?
A- Rashi: Moshe had to force Bnei Yisrael to leave because they were too
busy picking up spoils so Hashem made it hard for Bnei Yisrael to find
1- Why cant Miriam sing with eve
Q: Why do we start with Breishit?
A- Rashi: To show that Hashem is all-powerful and He could give land to anyone.
This is a reminder to give everyone a backbone of how Israel is the land of the
Ramban finds 20 mitzvot in Parshat