The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a test required for admission into many
masters of business administration (MBA) programs. Total scores on the GMAT are normally
distributed and historically have a population standard deviation of 113. The
Displaying Graphs of Data (Section 1.1)
Use the survey results from class to answer each of the following questions. All graphs should be
copied and pasted from minitab into this document.
Histogram: x-axis is a number line and bars are used to show relative size
Bell shaped Curve Normal: 1 highest peak, curve is symmetric to that
peak; if it deviates a bit, then it is skewed
Multimodal/Uniform: Multiple peaks, still symmetric
Measures of C
Name Answer Key
Answer each of the following questions using the appropriate statistics.
1. A zoologist has been tracking the growth of several new born bear cubs is the local
woods. Each bear has been properly tagged and no
While you do not have to do so, it is recommended that you draw the pictures before solving the
1. Determine the area under the standard normal curve that lies
a. to the left of Z = 1.31
b. to the right of Z = 2.47
c. between Z = 2.
Probability Distributions Lab
1. The state of North Carolina has decided to begin operating a new type of lottery in which a player will
select 4 numbers from 1 to 90. If a player matches all four numbers, then that player wi
A group students collected data on the speed of vehicles traveling through a
construction zone on a state highway, where the posted speed was 25 mph.
The recorded speed (in mph) of 15 randomly selected vehicles is given
below. You should be able to copy a
Decision Tree Assignment
1. You are trying to decide whether to offer credit to a population of potential borrowers.
You know that the profit from a good loan is $10, and the loss from a bad loan is $10.
Past experience leads you to believe that the proba
Please take your answers out four decimal places.
1. The combined (verbal + quantitative reasoning) score on the GRE is normally distributed
with mean 1049 and standard deviation 189. Suppose n = 16 randomly selected students take
the GRE on the same day.
Types if Studies: Observational Study In an observational study, we observe and measure specific characteristics, but we dont attempt to modify the subjects being
studied. VS. Experimental Study In an experiment, we apply some treatment and then proceed t
A topic that has been much discussed in local and national politics is how much money we spend
on education. Individuals on both sides cannot seem to agree on how to best get our children to
be successful most efficiently.
*5 steps for hypothesis testing for proportions*
1. Given a claim determine the null and alternative hypothesis
2. Given a claim and sampled data determine a test statistic
3. Given a claim and sampled data find a critical value
4. Given a claim and sampl