Study Guide for Exam 3 Air Pollution
Global Cycles and Climate Change
These topics are covered in the following presentations: 22, 23, 24, and 25 plus the one listed
as the Sierra Club presentation.
Because information is scattered across a number of fair
1. What are your five most important reasons that humans may go extinct? Do they align with
Sandbergs list? My list: nuclear war, pandemic (antibiotics are already starting to fail), asteroid, earth
becomes unlivable (climate change
1. Did you have an appreciation of the magnitude of this problem before reading this article? - Yes, I have
read quite a few articles that have highlighted Chinas current problem with air pollution.
2. Is economic growth at all costs
1- No, I didnt realize that air pollution was this much of a problem for our national parks. However, I do
realize this kind of pollution is not solely confined within the city limits, but I had no idea the parks
system was strugglin
Extra Credit Book Review
The Rough Guide to Climate change, written by Robert Henson, is a plain-language book
that sums up climate change in a way that is easy to understand. It covers all aspect of climate
change ranging from the symp
1. My opinion has not really changed after reading this article. I feel that the environment and the health
of all people outweighs the few thousand jobs that could be lost as a result of further regulation.
However, I believe that m
1. Did the reporter provide enough context for you to understand the problem? I think the writer
provided enough context for a good understanding of the problems caused by acid rain.
2. Is the report biased toward good news, or bala
Fallows, James. "Chinas Air Problem Is Worse than You Think." The Atlantic. Atlantic Media
Company, 14 Aug. 2015. Web. 22 Aug. 2015.
Study Guide for Air Pollution Exam 2
Exposure and Dose (Lectures 11. 13 & 14)
1. Know the formula for determining transpiration and stomatal conductance (slides 2 & 5)
and be able to calculate values if given various scenarios= Evapotranspirati
Merchants of Doubt review
Robert Kenners documentary, Merchants of Doubt, shines a light on self-proclaimed experts
whose job is to obscure scientific truths in regards to major debates such tobacco smoke, global
warming, acid rain, and d