SaplingLearning Chapter 4
1. Which term defines the most common form of a naturally occurring trait or allele in a species?
a. Wild type
2. Match each of the definitions and examples to the form of dominance or epistasis exhibited.
a. HINT: Dominance refe
1. Haploid: a single unpaired copy of each chromosome
Monosomic: only one copy of a specific chromosome
n = 1: a genome composed of one unique chromosome
2. Use the karyotype lab to answer the following question.
Aneuploidy is an umbrella term referring t
SaplingLearning - Ch. 5
1. Pine trees have male and female cones on the same tree. Which term describes the sex system
of the organism?
2. Komodo dragons are sexually reproducing lizards with separate male and female individuals. Sex
SaplingLearning - Chapter 3 Homework
1. Which of the following can be concluded from Gregor Mendel\'s experiments with pea plants?
a. only one allele determines the phenotype in heterozygous individuals
b. alleles of different genes are inherited independ
SaplingLearning - Chapter 2
1. A eukaryotic cell contains many compartmentalized organelles that organize its interior. Each
organelle is a discrete unit, is enclosed by a membrane, and has a specialized function. A
generalized eukaryotic animal cell is s