Juvenile Justice: Quiz 2
1. Cohort studies generally agree that _.
females actually have more police contacts than males
juveniles with more serious and more frequent police contacts continue on to commit adult crime
justice system intervention tends to l
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 10
1. Basic goals of training schools as identified by Street, Vinter, and Perrow include_.
2. Which of the following is true of t
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 9
1. Which of the following best describes what police diversion programs do?
retain control over youthful offenders
give control of youthful offenders to probation officers
give control of youthful offenders to the community
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 8
1. _ is the standard that most juvenile judges adhere to at the probation revocation hearing
Restorative justice model
2. A successful probation practice will do all of the fol
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 7
1. Proponents of the juvenile court argue the court should have jurisdiction over youths until their deficiencies are
2. In Gregg v. Georgia, the Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty violated the Eighth
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 6
1. Which of the following is true of a predisposition report?
It determines whether police officers have the right to hold a youth overnight.
It contains background information on defendants that helps judges make individualized d
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 5
1. Which of the following accurately describes a Terry search?
a random check of lockers, conducted by the school
a pat down of a youths outer clothing to detect weapons
a random canine scan of school premises
an unreasonable seiz
Juvenile Justice: Quiz 4
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the four key factors contributing to female delinquency as identified
by Gisela Konopka?
a uniquely dramatic biological onset of puberty
a simple identification process because of a girls la
Juvenile Justice Quiz 3
1. Which of the following fields link environmental and genetic factors?
2. Social control theory argues that the lower-class culture is characterized by a set of focal concerns,