1. As you read TAR, how did you feel about the debate and then the
choice to declare independence-interested? Inspired? Bored? Curious? What? Explain your answer and offer specific evidence from
TAR to illustrate and prove your point.
Reading this section
1. In the last several decades especially, the role and legacy of
ChristopherColumbus has been a source of ardent, often heated,
controversy. Given what you read in these pages of TAR, do you
understand why? That is, do you think the authors do a good job
Chapter 9 quiz
1. Conference committees are
Temporary, involve members from both houses of Congress, and are charged with reaching a
compromise on legislation once it has been passed by both the House and the Senate
2. Pork-barrel legi
Chapter 4 quiz
1. The eighth amendment prohibits
Cruel and unusual punishment
2. The Bill of Rights was written because
The Antifederalists demanded it as the price of ratification of the Constitution
3. The Bill of Rights was ratified
Chapter 8 quiz
1. An iron triangle is made up of an alliance between
A legislative committee, an interest group, and an executive agency
2. A PAC can contribute _ to any candidate for federal office, provided it contributes to at
Chapter 2 quiz
1. There are _ amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
2. The Electoral College is _.
Designed to select the U.S. President
3. The supremacy clause _.
Announces that the Constitution and all laws made under it are superi
Chapter 6 quiz
1. Niche journalism refers to
News reporting targeted for a demographic of readers based on content or ideological
2. *?_ present of radio stations in the United States are devoted to talk, news, or
Chapter 3 quiz
1. Which of the following is true about the Southern Manifesto?
Southern officials declared that their states were not bound by Supreme Court decisions
outlawing racial segregation.
2. Gibbons v. Ogden (1824) was importa
Chapter 1 quiz
1. _ are the 3 core values in American politics.
Liberty, equality, and democracy
2. The Constitutions Preamble, beginning with the words We the People, is an illustration of
3. The House of Repres
Chapter 5 quiz
1. The term gender gap refers to
Differences in political opinions between men and women
2. One of the most important measures of public opinion in a democracy is
Trust in government
3. The fact that Democratic Party lea