Chronic Disease Activity
Use the websites listed below to research factors that cause or increase risk of the specified disease. Add to the list the
things that you can do to prevent the disease. Risks may be genetic as well as factors that can be altered
Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? <- your first lab link
1. Who was Jimmy Hoffa?
He was a labor leader that disappeared.
2. What did law enforcement do after Hoffa's disappearance?
They started search parties, talked to his Family, Friends, and colleagues, they che
Critical Thinking Question 4. Why might the pharmacist be the one to
notice that a patient is taking a potentiallyr harmful combination of
drugs instead of the primary care doctor?
* A primary care doctor might not know all the medicinesa patient
Why are people living longer today than in previous eras? Some people have access to a varied diet
and clean water also help people to live longer.
Why does poverty make it more difficult to be healthy? People with low income may not be able to
1. Why is it important that employees know the difference between a safe and an unsafe workplace?
It is important that employees know the difference between a safe and an unsafe workplace so that
they can recognize problems when they see them.
2. What is
1. Why do you think medical facilities have Patients Bill of Rights documents?
A Patients Bill of Rights sets up expectations for the patient and medical facility.
2. Choose three different rights that are included in one or more of the documents. Describ
What was Dishmans experience when he first got sick? He was told he only had a short amount of
time to live. He went through several tests with different doctors and at different hospitals as the
medical professionals tried to figure out what was wrong wi
1. Why does Williams tell the story of her pregnancy? What does she illustrate with her example about
data and individuals?
Williams discusses her pregnancy to illustrate how monitoring our own data can sometimes give us
more information about what is goi
1. Use the following graph representing OSHA statics on injuries and the health care field to answer the
The different colors on the chart represent the percentage each of that each of the listed types of
injuries occurs among those in the
France: Outlawing Ana <- your first lab link
1. Who or what is Ana?
"Ana" is a mythological personification of anorexia.
2. How have the trends in weight changed in France over the last 200 years?
At first being overweight was in and trending because it w
VIDEO: How creativity is being strangled by the law <- your first lab link
1. Briefly describe the story presented in class.
The first story is about John Philip Sousa who traveled to this place to talk about the present
technology. The second story is ab
1. List the rights described in the First Amendment.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. In August of 2008, a mayor of a small town arrives home and finds a package
addressed to his wife on his front porch. He carries it into the house, not kn
1. What is Cronin researching and working on?
He is working on a 3D printer that would be able to print out medication from home
2. What might be the advantages of Cronins work?
Being able to print our own medication from home for those who cant get aroun
1. List three advantages of preventative care.
~ Allows patients to form better relationships with their physicians
~ Allows for regular screening and testing
~ Provides an opportunity to discuss health history
2. Why is sitting for much of the day unheal
Blue Cross Blue
By: Zein Youssef, Ron Pretty, Parth
Desai and Victor Tong
Table of Contents
1.0: Executive Summary.3
3.0 The Medical Organization.5
3.1 Health Endowment Fund.6
4.0: Research Methods.9
Name: The Pit: Cursed Men of Three
description: A book with bad grammar, but it is an imperfect, translated version of
another foreign language. Pages 98- 105 are missing from the book with an
empty gap in that space.
The entire binding and
Hello, my name is Zein Youssef and today me and my team plans to talk to you about the
company we will be working with this semester, the problem that this company is currently
facing and how we plan to solve this problem.
First I will start by intr
1. How does the scope of practice help regulate the health care field?
The scope of practice refers to the expectations medical professionals are supposed to meet. The
scope of practice helps regulate the health care field by defining the duties of profes
Doing m and venting health? A healthy diet In order to be health; you need to
eat a reg ular diet that is consistent on
the main vitamins neodod loss sugar
water and oaths, kmwletlgo and insight to what
foods give of'f'tllo healthy and IIEEdEd vitamins
1. Choose five safety features that were included in the interactive. Describe each of these features and
how they would keep a patient safer.
A sink close to the patient so that staff can wash their hands. This will help to reduce the spread of
Critical Thinking Question 5. Under what circumstances might a disease that
_ is not very common receive additional funding and resources for research?
unding increases when people start paying more attention to the disease.
his can happen when:
Review Question 2: What are the differences between
a general hospital and a college or university hospital?
- A general hospital is equipped to provide a variety of emergech
services, treatments, and surgeries.
- How do vou think a University Hospital mi