Budget Review (Roadwa
Current Unit Estimated
Price (Avg.) Unit Price
Short Haul (CY)
Long Haul (CY)
3. What is the purpose of maintaining daily reports?
o To provide a snapshot of the days activities and conditions.
4. What are some important items of information that needs to be recorded in the dail
Assignment # 9
2. Define a change order and state one reason it often carries a cost penalty.
o A Change order is an adjustment to the contract amount or the contract
duration, approved, accepted, and signed by th
Assignment # 4
1. What are some aspects of the jobsite layout plan?
o Jobsite space allocation, jobsite access, material handling, worker
transportation, temporary facilities, jobsite security, and signage and
Assignment # 7
3. Are Construction firms required to create and implement a safety and health program,
and what are the key elements?
o All Construction firms are required to implement and maintain a safety and
Assignment # 8
3. List the elements that a construction quality management program might include.
o Teamwork among all stakeholders.
o Commitment of all involved to accomplish task as fast as possible.
o All install
Assignment # 10
1. What is retainage?
o An amount held by the owner until the final completion of the contract, usually
5 or 10%.
2. What is the schedule of values?
o A written list in tabular form of the value am
Assignment # 6
2. Discuss the potential impact of changes of productivity?
o Constant changes to productivity can disturb the workflow and lead to less
productive work. For example taking out a recently installed f
3. Who should attend the project preconstruction meeting?
o The Owners Representative, the architect & architect consultants, the
contractors superintendent & project manager, major subcontractors, an