Quiz: Chapter 11: Managing Human Resources
Official Score: 53% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:21:12 AM (EST).
1) If workers are guilty of sexual harassment, an employer is liable if the employer knew or should have known of the misconduct. True False
Quiz: Chapter 10: Human Relations and Motivation
Official Score: 60% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:20:10 AM (EST).
1) Scientific management is the systematic study and breakdown of work into its smallest mechanical elements and then the rearrangement of
Quiz: Chapter 9: Managing Production and Operations
Official Score: 60% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:19:11 AM (EST).
1) Dell delivers customized computers practically overnight. True False
2) Early textile mills and steel plants are good examples of ma
Quiz: Chapter 8: Organizational Design and Teamwork
Official Score: 60% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:17:53 AM (EST).
1) Organizational structure is an incredibly important, yet often overlooked, component of the success of a business. True False
Quiz: Chapter 7: Management and Leadership
Official Score: 27% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:16:49 AM (EST).
1) There are more than 21 million business establishments in the United States. True False
2) The amount of formal power and authority that acco
Practice Quiz Chapter 6: Social Responsibility and Ethics
Official Score: 60%
Recorded at: 9/17/2008 7:08:31 PM (EST).
1) Consumers should be provided the information
available about a product after they purchase it. True False
1) Litigation in the United States is a growth industry. True False
2) A law created by a federal, state, or local legislature, constitution, or treaty is called a common law. True False
Rationale: A law created by a federal, state, or local legisla
1) Most business start-ups fail within their first five years. True False
2) Pessimists view failure as short-lived and due to causes beyond their control. True False
Rationale: Whereas pessimists view failure as personal and long-lasting, optimists
The U.S. Small Business Administration defines a "small business" as one that has fewer than 500 employees. True False
2) Gallery Furniture in Houston, Texas, is the one of the most productive retail spaces in the world. True False
Rationale: When J
Quiz: Chapter 21: Financial Planning
Official Score: 47% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:31:30 AM (EST).
1) Regular savings accounts are generally easy to open but have low interest returns. True False
2) About 50 percent of all new cars are leased. True
Quiz: Chapter 20: Financial Institutions
Official Score: 53% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:30:20 AM (EST).
1) Money has not always been coins and paper bills. True False
2) Money makes it possible for us to hold onto value over time. True False
Practice Quiz Chapter 19: Investments and Securities
Official Score: 100%
Recorded at: 4/17/2008 12:12:30 AM (EST).
1) Securities trading is regulated at the federal
Rationale: Securities trading is regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exc
1) Some firms do not formally appoint a financial manager.
2) A firm can increase returns for shareholders through a strategic use of debt capital, a technique known as debenture financing.
Rationale: The strategy of using debt to increase returns
Quiz: Chapter 17: Accounting Practices and Principles
Official Score: 33% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:29:04 AM (EST).
1) Most successful entrepreneurs have at least a basic understanding of accounting principles and rules. True False
2) Managerial acc
Quiz: Chapter 16: Managing Information Technology
Official Score: 67% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:27:39 AM (EST).
1) According to research by Public Agenda, 94 percent of consumers surveyed in 2002 said it's frustrating to "call a company and get a rec
Quiz: Chapter 15: Distribution and Supply Chain Management
Official Score: 40% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:25:41 AM (EST).
1) More than 60 percent of online shoppers are women. True False
2) The common channels employed to distribute industrial produc
Quiz: Chapter 14: Product, Pricing, and Promotion Strategies
Official Score: 40% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:24:16 AM (EST).
1) Marketers generally divide products into two broad categories: consumer and industrial.
2) iPods, major appliances, furnitu
Quiz: Chapter 13: Marketing Strategy
Official Score: 47% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:23:15 AM (EST).
1) Making products available where consumers need or want to obtain them creates utility. True False
2) Hedonic goods appeal more to consumer emotions
Quiz: Chapter 12: Labor-Management Relations
Official Score: 33% Recorded at 9/18/2008 4:22:05 AM (EST).
1) Unions are of two general types: industrial and professional.
2) By signing a yellow-dog contract, employees agree not to make negative sta