13 January 2016
Ch. 1 Homework
1. How is geography best characterized?
The study of the Earth as home to human kind.
2. What are the six essential elements of geography, as defined by the National Geographic
Society? What are the f
3 March 2016
Ch. 6 Homework
1. What country in the Middle East has the lowest area but the largest estimated population
density? Which country has the lowest population density?
Bahrain. Western Sahara.
2. List two of the three mos
18 January 2016
Ch. 2 Homework
1. What are the four spheres that make up the habitable environment on Earth?
Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Atmosphere, Biosphere.
2. What is plate tectonics and what are three of the main consequences of
Study Guide for Chapter 1 Quiz
Be familiar with the six essential elements of geography
What is geography as a whole most concerned with? What are its two major branches?
Definition of region
Be familiar with the various types of regions
Be familiar with
8 February 2016
Ch. 4 Homework
1. Which country has the highest annual rate of natural increase? What three countries have
-0.5% annual rate of natural increase?
Kosovo has the highest annual rate of natural increase at 1.4%. Bulga
25 January 2016
Ch. 3 Homework
1. What were the Agricultural and Industrial Revolutions? Describe one way each
revolution initiated important changes in human-earth relationships?
The Agricultural Revolution started when nomads beg
15 February 2016
Ch. 5 Homework
1. Which country is the largest in terms of area? The smallest?
Russia is the largest. Armenia is the smallet.
2. Which country has the highest annual rate of natural increase? Which has the lowest?
30 March 2016
Ch. 7 Homework
1. What country has the highest population density and has an urban population of 100%?
2. Which two countries have the highest estimated population?
China and India.
3. Which country has the
27 April 2016
Ch. 11 Homework
3. Canada, U.S., Greenland.
4. Toronto and Miami.
5. China, India, and Philippines.
6. D. All of the above
7. C. Mayan
8. B. Denmark
9. D. All of the above
10. B. Environmentalist
12 January 2016
Syllabus Quiz for Intro into Geography
1. When are my office hours?
Only by appointment.
2. How much is each part of the discussion worth?
Both parts are worth 10 points each, totaling out to 20 points altogether.
WHAT TO KNOW LIST #4, for Exam 4, 2014 GLG101 Garnero
1. This graph shows one estimate of average air temperatures. This graph suggests that:
2. This graph shows an interpretation of temperatures based on tree-ring data.
WHAT TO KNOW LIST #3, for Exam 3, GLG101 Garnero
1. According to the principle of cross-cutting relations, which of the following features in the above cross section is the oldest?
2. According to the principle of cross-c
PBO Station Position Time Series. Reference Frame : SNARF 1.0