What Does It Mean to Be Human?
What Can the Fossil Record Tell Us about
Discuss how anthropology is integral to
our understanding of biological and
Consider the evidence anthropol
Unnoticed Political Power in an Emergency Center
December 07, 2016
When individuals hear the world politics they often only think in the direction of the
political parties, elections and achieving and exercising positions
1. Describe the methods that primatologists use to study animals in the wild and captivity.
2. Explain the ethics that primatologists face when observing animals both in the wild and captivity.
3. Classify humans within the primate order a
1. Define and describe the process of macroevolution.
2. List and describe different categories of isolating mechanisms.
3. Differentiate between cladogenesis and anagenesis.
4. Contrast the model of punctuated equilibrium with that of gradualis
Chapter 1 Notes
1. Define and describe the term anthropology.
a. The study of human nature, human society, and the human past (pg5).
b. A scholarly discipline that aims to describe in the broadest possible sense what it
means to be human (pg5).
2. List th