Chapter 7 Notes
1. N. Africa and SW Asia was the home to several of the worlds great ancient civilizations. These
civilizations occupied space along the Nile River and between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
2. This region is the source of 3 world religi
Chapter 6 Notes
1. Right now, the authors of your book consider South Asia to have a lower population than
East Asia. However, population growth rates in South Asia are higher than any other
region except Africa, South of the Sahara. The higher population
Chapter 5 Notes
1. Like East Asia, the SE Asia region includes both mainland and island nation-states.
2. Much of SE Asia came under European colonial control the British, the Dutch, the
French and the Spanish were the primary colonial powers. After the S
Chapter 4 Notes
1. The region of East Asia is unique in several ways: 1) there is very little ethnic diversity;
2) there is very little language diversity; and 3) neither Christianity nor Islam are
prominent religions here.
2. Depending upon who is doing
Chapter 2 Notes
1. Europe lies on the westernmost portions of the Eurasian land mass. This location
however is very centrally located with respect to all other regions.
2. Europe is a small region with both continental and island components. Overall, the
Chapter 1 Notes
1. Geography studies the spatial patterns that develop on Earth patterns related to human
activity and patterns related to other living organisms and the physical environment.
2. Maps are a convenient and traditional way to display spatial