Unit 5 Writing Assignment
Business 135 0901SP
1. If your boss asked your opinion of methods improvement, what would your response be?
I feel that the methods improvement could be of great benefit to this and most organizations.
When the metho
February 27, 2016
Question 1. 1. Burt Green
2. Rosa Sanchez
3. Joe Jefferson
4. Nan Nushka
5. Livonia Long
6. Ward Watt
7. Johnny Jones
The criteria I used were based on an employees performance. Burt was the
January 27, 2016
Writing Assignment #1
1. A good supervisor in a manufacturing plant could be a good supervisor at a bank. If you are a
good supervisor, then it will not matter what environment you work in. The technical
February 8, 2016
Writing Assignment #2
1. There are a few reasons why Jane is reluctant to the changes. She has a fear of
the unknown; she has worked there for many years and believes that they
already have a good thing g
April 10, 2016
Writing Assignment #5
1. Supervisors can use different leadership styles and still have success. Most of
this comes from knowing which leadership style to use in particular
situations, and also can be affec
1. How did this problem begin and how could it have been avoided?
This problem begins with Joe Scotts department which did not include and submit
the correct cost increase in the budget request before being a
1. Reconsider the situation. Why do you think the nurses are not motivated? List
I feel the nurses are not motivated for several reasons. The lack of effective
leadership by the supervisor i
1. Do you think that the original decision regarding the section of computer operators
I feel a programmed decision was made based on facts which are fewer people to
operate the upgraded equipment;
"A good supervisor should be able to do any job that he or she supervises better than
any of the operative employees."
I feel it depends on the field in which the supervision takes place. In a general office
setting, the skills and knowledge to do the job
Do you think Roy would be a good supervisor?
Yes, during his employment with Rebco he has shown leadership qualities when
Roy was primarily responsible for the unionization of the employees. During the
Global Net Sales
Pecent of Total Net Sales
Global Sales Data
Net Sales in U.S.
Net Income Comparison
Net Income in Billions
Sales in Billions
$Really Big Inc.
F rances Drew
B usiness 135 Principals of Supervision 0901 SP
Supervision is the fi rst stage of management in any type of organization.
Supervisors are in charge the employees who physically produce an organizations
goods and services
W riting Assignment 2-1
L ist and describe t he three major categories of change that are of concern
T he fi rst category of change that affects supervisors is in the technological
category. This category can involve
February 12, 2016
Writing Assignment #3
1. In this situation, and in almost any situation where you have a disagreement
with another person, you need to talk one on one with the other person.
Discuss why he has been criti