BUS 115 Chapter Four Summary
1. Stare decisis means "let the decision stand," and indicates that once a court has decided
a particular issue, it will generally apply the same rule in future cases.
2. The common law evolves in awkward fits and starts becau
Chapter Three Summary
1. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is any formal or informal process to settle disputes
without a trial. Mediation, arbitration, and other forms of ADR are growing in popularity.
2. There are many systems of courts, one federal
Chapter One Summary
1. Our federal system of government means that law comes from a national government in
Washington, D.C., and from 50 state governments.
2. The history of law foreshadows many current legal issues, including mediation,