Do you believe that it is better to rise to supervision from within the group or to move into
the position from outside? Why?
I believe that it is better to rise to supervision by moving into the position from outside.
My reason for thinking that is becau
1. If we believe that it is inappropriate to evaluate an employee on so subjective a
characteristic as "attitude," how then should we address employee behavior that
seems to occur because of an attitude problem?
Employees with difficult personalities or n
1. It has often been said that the most effective means of filling available jobs is
personal networking and referral. Why might this be so?
Referrals are thought to guarantee that candidates that have been referred would
have a greater chance to get an i
How might HIPAA affect the practice of some hospitals in small communities that publish
hospital discharges and births in the local newspaper?
It is the responsibility of health care workers to respect patients rights by making sure that he or
she does no
1. When you happen to be upset about a particular issue, what are the advantages of
responding in writing rather than speaking face-to-face with the other party?
We dont really have a chance to think deeply before we speak, at times it can be
1. Why do we frequently say that the supervisor should not give advice to employees
concerning their personal problems?
We frequently say that the supervisor should not give advice to employees concerning
their personal problems because it is considered t
1. Provide two specific examples of how the interaction between departments or
groups can automatically engender conflict.
Conflict is unavoidable in groups or departments, which is an issue that all supervisors
must comprehend. Conflict arises in groups
1. Why is delegation clearly identified as the greatest supervisory time saver?
Delegation is an individual or group of people that are selected to represent another or
others. Delegation is clearly identified as the greatest supervisory time saver becaus
1. Do you believe that it is better to rise to supervision from within the group or to move into the
position from outside? Why?
2. How does present-day customer service relate to the increasing tendency toward competition among
1. What will be your principal response to the employee who says to you, "I don't have to do
this-it's not in my job description"?
2. If we are generally aware that face-to-face is the most effective form of interpersonal
communication, why do we use this
What kinds of plans are of most concern to the working supervisor? Why?
A plan is a written report of intentional future actions that will help achieve particular
objectives or goals within a set timeframe. The written plan describes in detail what needs
1. As a supervisor, what do you believe you would have to do to become comfortable
with managing by exception?
Managers that select to use the management by exception behave as arrangers, advocates,
and resource individuals. As a supervisor I believe that
1. What do you believe could be an effective way of dealing with the know-it-all
employee and why might this work?
Know it all employees always try to be known as superior than everybody else. They will
try to explain to others the basics of their positio
In preparation to write or update a position description, why should the supervisor solicit
the participation of the employee or employees presently doing that job?
A position description states in writing that you want in your most suitable applicant. It
1. What are the primary objectives of utilization review?
Healthcare administrators and other professionals that carry out assessments to decide
resource usage patterns of patient care are called utilization reviewers. There are a couple
of primary object